Brart style pictures needed

Yeah, I'm not liking the forwards but the wife demanded it...its her bike. I don't think there are rules for bratstyle other than bending/modding the seat rails in some way more than just hacking them off behind the shock.

I really wanted to go with the visual impact kit, and talked to them about it but I could get the deeper bends my wife wanted. She really wanted to sit in the bike rather than on it and she wanted a really low seat. I think we're sitting at 24". The bike weighs in at about 380lbs and if I include the riders weight, her bike with her on it has the same power to weight ratio as my 1900cc Raider with me on it. I never expected this xs to be as fast as it is. I'll also say that its probably more fun to ride than my raider because its so nimble.

Here's a closeup of the lockhart Phillips mirrored signals.
AeroLens_Chrome-02.jpg

Basically I just made a L-bracket that mounts to the upper rear shock bolt and the other side is shaped like the signal. Here's the signals http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/store/product.php?productid=17460&cat=&page=1

I've got 38 miles on the bike. Want to get 400 on it, to shake out the bugs before I let the wife ride it. I finished it about a month ago but then moved to Louisiana and had to deal with a Hurricane. Haven't had much chance to ride.

TBBgL.jpg

Here's my bike with the VI pre-welded kit. I haven't gotten very good customer service with Monster. VI has the best customer service I've ever received. Mike was able to get my kit out in about a week and answered all my numerous emails while he was on vacation! If I had to choose again I'd definitely still go with VI.

Visual Impact was very straight up with me when I was thinking about them. I asked them if they could make a deeper bend...they said the DOM tubing couldn't handle it. I really appreciated the straight forwardness and their quick response.

If I ever make another brat they isn't a new frame I'd definitely go with them.

Capt.Zoom,

Thanks for the turn signal info.... new to me.... real cool!
Yea my wife wants a Brat too, thats why I need two kits....
Maybe I should get one of each as it looks like the VI kit will have the seat lower to the ground than the Monster. Hmmm now you got me thinking. :yikes:

jdizon

Crackin' brat bike and nice bars too. Got any pictures of the bike more straight on so I can get a better idea of the lines of the bike? I have exchanged a few mails with Monster and so far I have been answered very quickly. Can you imagine all the silly mails these guys get from dreamers and scamers.... while thay are trying to run a business produce custom parts and building bikes, ride some and so on.... my hat goes off to them all.

Travis,
VI said that with their equipment they couldn't bend them as much as I wanted without starting to kink them. Take a look at my bike and you'll see the difference in bend. After a lot of searching I found an old hot rod shop that gave me 6 bends (I had two sets bent plus two bigger uprights bent slightly in case I wanted that) for $40 so I was happy but it took me forever to find someone.

jdizon,
love the new bars. I wanted to do that but again its wifey's bike...her choice.

Lester,
With my wife she wanted a big lip on the seat to keep her from sliding back (caused her to wreck a different bike). If you do that you'll want a nice bend in the seat rails so she can sit in the bike. The VI kit does that while I don't think the monstercraft one will. The MC one just seems very bulky looking to me and a little simplistic. Just my opinion.

Oh gotcha! The tube would kink with their bender.. I thought they were saying the tube itself couldn't handle a tighter radius bend. If you need anything bent in the future, I might be able to help.

Had I known about you when I needed them I'd have definitely given you a call. River Falls wasn't that far away. Now I'm in Baton Rouge so it might be a bit far. :) Thanks though. I might be in contact though for buddies building bikes and stuff in MN.

Here is a comparison of the two kits.... I wish the VI shot of the Bike was more straight on so we can compare the lines more accuratly.

Looks like the VI kit will have you sittiong lower the the Monster kit.

They both look pretty good really.... hmmm

Compare VI vs Mon.jpg

Seeing your bike as bare frame and tank make me want to start another project. Gotta remind myself that i promised the wife I'd take some time off before starting another bike project.

Seeing your bike as bare frame and tank make me want to start another project. Gotta remind myself that i promised the wife I'd take some time off before starting another bike project.

Capt, You build a nice bike! I would just enjoy the ride :bike:

Here's a straight picture so you can compare lines

Thanks man, nice to see tham in all stages.

I went through my files and found a shot of a bike that was mpore complete...
I saved off the net a long time ago so I am un able to give any credit... sorry. Nice build weither way.

Any input on these..... What you guys think.... pros and cons, your opinion, what ever you got, no prob. :eek:

My bit.... Looks nice, I think the MCM kit follows the back bone a bit more and from the looks of it the shock are in a bit more angle and I think it looks good. It also leaves you with enough space under the seat to store a 6 pack for thouse long rides.....LOL

The VI kit looks good too, a bit more unnatural cure to it... I am guessing that is what people like and it does get your but closer to the ground.... eeeh I don't know I'm still chewing it and tasting it. I'll probably end up loving it....LOL

MCM vs VI.jpg

Back