Brart style pictures needed

Lester

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been giving the MonsterCraftsMan Brat kit a real good and close look. I'll be getting two shortly. :D That thing looks like a rock solid design and I really like the lines of it as well.
I have requested pictures from the Monster thread over in the "Market Forum" but so others will be I am posting it here as well.

I am woundering if anybody has a "finished" Brat bike using the MonsterCraftsMan Brat kit. I'd love to see what people have come up with.
Other Brat bike pictures are also welcome of'couse.

Here is a picture Jon posted today upon request.... its still work in progress but looks Føcking amazing!
484624_432579140128091_522591419_n.jpg

here is a link to the thread mentiond above.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20881&highlight=brat+style

Just saw it last night and think it is definitely an interesting take on the brat style XS. I am not sure if you saw the pics on their site or not, but there are quite a few over there.

Last edited:
I wouldn't exactly call monsters kit a brat kit. Neither Bratstyle or Gravel crew use a loop style bench like Monstercraft is.

Personally I'd call it a bench bobber.

Last edited:
whoa from the thread title I thought you were looking for this guy

Attachments

• 2009_paul_blart_mall_cop_002.jpg
    2009_paul_blart_mall_cop_002.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 254
I wouldn't exactly call monsters kit a brat kit. Neither Bratstyle or Gravel crew use a loop style bench like Monstercraft is.

Personally I'd call it a bench bobber.

Hey Capt zoom,

So its not a Brat because it uses a loop type configuration????
Too many rules for me dude. :banghead:
If its a bobber type build with some rear suspension its a brat in my book.
If we have all these rules, at the end of the day all the bike would look the same... no fun in that. And the man selling them is calling it a brat kit so to avoid any confusions I'll just continue calling it that.... LOL. Monster just went about it alittle different and it looks well thought out and strong design.
I never did like the other ones... they look flimsy and cheap to me.:eek:

Either way.... I was requesting Brat pictures.... got any?
:D

I think the kit is pretty new. I only recall seeing it on their site for the 1st time a month or so ago. Having said that im not lurking on their every day! Given that im not sure there will be many finished ones out there at this stage. Im doing a brat build and ended up building my own seat rails. I do think the MC one looks wicked though.

And why do these threads always turn into what is or is not a brat build? Maybe those who have an issue with someone using the term 'brat' incorrectly could come up with an alternative term to avoid confusion/forum hijacks. Im not having a go but its kinda OTT. Jut saying.

here's the one I built for my wife (her aesthetic design, based on bratstyles' bikes, combined with my knowhow and limited skills)

487069_3897765296220_1415956329_n.jpg

524456_3897760536101_973580851_n.jpg

313175_3897755095965_1994469519_n.jpg

559182_3897749695830_447748575_n.jpg

165895_3897747495775_1291229482_n.jpg

Build Specs
1980 xs650SG special
Chopped and lowered seat rails welded by Jerry Poepke
60s Wassel replica tank from Lowbrow Customs
Lowered suspension via Burly Slammer shocks
Custom forward controls made from HD takeoffs
Wire Brushed cases
Pamco Ignition
Yamaha Raider front Caliper
Avon Venom tires 19F, 15R
TC Company Tail light
7 Mental west ribbed Aluminium Rear fender
Struts hand pounded and shaped by Jerry Poepke
Mirrored LED Signal lights for Yamaha R1
LED strips for front signals
Demon cycle bullet headlight
Bikemaster Bars
Hughs Handbuild Hydraulic Clutch
2.5" Speedo
Custom wired by me
Leather work by Dave Novak, North Branch MN, seat pan made by me and covered by Danny Grey
Digital Guard Dog Keyless security

Last edited:
Its just the fact that the term gets so loosely thrown around now.

They are all just swingarm chops.

Reallly rad bike Capt. What are mirrored signals?

Look just above the shocks on the rear end. There is first a chrome spike and below it a mirrored turn signal. Mirror finish like sunglasses with an LED inside.

Bike is really fun. Suspension firmness is like my '08 Raider but the bike feels like a bicycle compared to my nearly 9 foot long raider.

Hey Guys,

I figured I'd chime in on this. I also hate the word "Brat" or "Brat style" for that matter. We throw that term around loosely because motorcycles and the "styles" that surround them are always evolving and changing. Our "Brat Kit" is identified as that because most people recognize a "brat bike" as a bobber with rear suspension. That's all, nothing more. I could make up a new name for our style like "Monster style" or "Puddin' style" or "Easy Livin' ",:wtf: but in the end that would confuse people. Have fun dreaming and building!

Last edited:
Its not a moster brat kit but visual impact makes a kit as well and more people have doe builds with them so far form what i can tell. Theres a thread in the shops forum.

here's the one I built for my wife (her aesthetic design, based on bratstyles' bikes, combined with my knowhow and limited skills)

Build Specs
1980 xs650SG special
Chopped and lowered seat rails welded by Jerry Poepke
60s Wassel replica tank from Lowbrow Customs
Lowered suspension via Burly Slammer shocks
Custom forward controls made from HD takeoffs
Wire Brushed cases
Pamco Ignition
Yamaha Raider front Caliper
Avon Venom tires 19F, 15R
TC Company Tail light
7 Mental west ribbed Aluminium Rear fender
Struts hand pounded and shaped by Jerry Poepke
Mirrored LED Signal lights for Yamaha R1
LED strips for front signals
Demon cycle bullet headlight
Bikemaster Bars
Hughs Handbuild Hydraulic Clutch
2.5" Speedo
Custom wired by me
Digital Guard Dog Keyless security

Capt Zoom,

Hey man I don't know if that is a Brat Bike... it's got forward controls... don't think that is allowed... LOL... just kidding this you:D. That is one nice brat bike for sure! Thanks for sharing the specs as well. Real nice and clean build. How long have you had it on the road? Could you do a close up of the mirrored signals please?

Keep the pictures comming guys

Its not a moster brat kit but visual impact makes a kit as well and more people have doe builds with them so far form what i can tell. Theres a thread in the shops forum.

I'm real bad at doing what everybody else is doing so I'll just do something else. I'll end up happier then.

- I like the angle the shocks end up with the monster kit.

- I'm not really diggin the way the IV kit ends with shock mounts.... looks like its not finished.

This is my opinion only :yikes:

Back