Brass bushings before or after powder coating

Jeez I got all high tech, took about a foot of 1/2 iron pipe, cross slotted one end about 1" deep and ground a bevel on a 3/8 nut. Put it together with threaded rod and a second nut on the other end. slid the pipe and first nut inside the swing arm I tightened the second nut expanding the pipe a bit it then easily drove the plastic bushing out, the bushing was reusable but better suited to the engineering wall of shame. Please don't dis me for my efforts xjwmx. All dimensions are just from what I remember but if some really wants to know I'll go check them.

Last edited:
I use Wesson cooking oil, and a toilet paper filter. I change the filter every 1,500 miles and never change oil just add a bit at filter changes.
I have 1.5 million miles on the XS and it has never been apart.

I use Crisco. She grinds a little when you first start her up but once she gets hot she purrs like a kitten... oh! bikes... we were talking about bikes... Yeah, I still use Crisco. It's good for pretty much anything.

I use Crisco. She grinds a little when you first start her up but once she gets hot she purrs like a kitten... oh! bikes... we were talking about bikes... Yeah, I still use Crisco. It's good for pretty much anything.

Have you tried Crisco Professional?
crisco_professional.jpg

Is there any other kind????

Well, occasionally I go for this:

ummmmm_butter.jpg

...but only on Sundays. I like to throw a little bacon on the head too.

Hell yes!! Best book EVER.

:laugh: I never went that far, but I did have a holder for an old steel coffee pot on my bike's header through the years. Great for heating cans of soup, stew, chili, etc even while you're riding. A nice way to end a cold, wet day.

I was running Crisco when I banged fifth at 110 on my desert sled. Both rods came right through the case. I ate about 100 yards of cholla. Nothing but Wesson for me now!

I use Wesson cooking oil, and a toilet paper filter. I change the filter every 1,500 miles and never change oil just add a bit at filter changes.
I have 1.5 million miles on the XS and it has never been apart.

bwahahahahaha awesome 1.5 million miles, you forgot to mention that your oil/filter combo also increases the gas mileage to 150 or so mpg's.

I have always used Amour Lard. In addition to being a great lube for your wet clutch a tub of lard costs about twenty-five bucks, contains 105,000 calories of food energy and 11,200 grams of saturated fat. That is enough food energy to feed a person for almost two months; a dollar buys you 4200 calories. A study quoted by Michael Pollan found that a dollar buys you 1200 calories in potato chips, but only 250 calories of carrots. In these hard times I have stopped eating carrots and potato chips and now eat lard. It taste like chicken.

- hmmmm...maybe there are opportunities here...try approaching your local fast food outlet...you could try their preflavoured pretested cooking oil that theyre changing out...or in bulk from maccadee

- the xs you could filter, preheat and run through your diesel cage...exhaust a la freedom fries:D

Back