Brass sealing washers

sethhazuga

sethhazuga
Reaction score
Hey I already had built my engine, but has anybody used the Brass sealing washers from Mikes xs and had luck with them. I just don't want to get done with this project and have a oil leaking valve cover over some washers when I could of used stock sealing washers. Thanks

you only need the 4 outer studs to seal. I replaced all eight with brass so they all matched.

They work. Did my '81 a few years ago, have to do my '80, '75 motor, this winter.
whynot2...
well for one reason, twice the expense.

does anyone have an alternative to the ones Mikes sells? I just need the washers. $3 each plus $15-20 shipping is a little cray cray for me.

I actually did see that as an alternative, does the fact Mikes' is 4mm and these are just over 2mm make a difference?

Doesn't seem to. I've been running them for years.

I bought Mikes washers when I did the top end on my SG. No leaks. Bought 8 for looks.

Head studs are 10mm or .393" close enough to 3/8" (.375") that you can go to the local hardware store and buy 3/8 brass washers, stack em 2 thick if they're thin.
Shhhh don't tell anyone! But I usually just reuse the old rubber coated steel washers, haven't had a problem yet, about 8 or 9 engines re-torqued so far.

This flea bayer will get 25 3/8" brass washers to your door for $9.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-Flat-Washer-3-8-Small-Qty-25-/400608615449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d46225c19

Head studs are 10mm or .393" close enough to 3/8" (.375") that you can go to the local hardware store and buy 3/8 brass washers, stack em 2 thick if they're thin.
Shhhh don't tell anyone! But I usually just reuse the old rubber coated steel washers, haven't had a problem yet, about 8 or 9 engines re-torqued so far.

This flea bayer will get 25 3/8" brass washers to your door for $9.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-Flat-...449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d46225c19
So will aluminum sealing warshers work n seal also or r they not soft enough to do wat needs doin

Never tried aluminum might be too soft? shug. Not hard to change if they don't work.

Why is shipping so much?
If you think that’s bad, try to ship from the US to Canada. This summer I wanted to buy one decal for my lawnmower ($3.00) and the shipping cost was over $24 USD! Questioned the seller and as told it was automatically set up that way by fleaBay. Needles to say I didn’t buy that decal. Gotta love and hate fleaBay!

Do a little looking, doesn't mcmaster carr have what's needed? Think there's a Suzuki part number for them also.

There is here ya go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201011-153055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201011-153055_Chrome.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 107
Back