Brass sealing washers

An heres the specs on them if ya r like me n gotta no the numbers n want imperical data on things

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201011-153423_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201011-153423_Chrome.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 84
Why would you want to ???? The whole purpose and point here is to get rid of those things. The nuts won't stay tight with them because they're too soft. I guess if you don't mind re-torquing your head every few months then go ahead, put 'em back on, lol.

These brass washers don't conform to irregularities the way a copper washer tends to on a drain plug. They're quite a bit harder than that. I think the rubber coating on OEM was an attempt to make a washer hard enough to hold the head on, while giving real sealing. The rubber coat is thin. It wouldn't need to be thicker than expected irregularities. Personally, I think an uncoated steel washer would work there. I don't think you would see any leaking unless the bike was upside down.

The rubber coating on the originals is thin on top but rather thick on the bottom, sealing side. It squashes out after a while and the nuts get loose. You may be right about brass being too hard. I tried some brass ones from McMaster-Carr and they leaked. So now I stick with the copper ones, they've always worked for me.

That set from Hoos is a simple solution I guess, if you're a financial idiot, lol. Why pay near $20 for 8 washers when you only need 4??? And even if they were sold as 4 packs, why pay $9 when you can do the same job for about $1.25? And I never understood why some insist on changing all 8 washers. The inner 4 don't need to be seal washers, there's no oil flowing down their studs. Some say because they want all the washers to match. Huh??? Those inner 4 are totally covered by the frame, top motor mounts, and gas tank - YOU CAN'T SEE THEM. OK, rant over, lol.

Back