Brembo Caliper w/Motolanna Rotor Spacer

thank you, so it looks like i should be between 12mm to 13mm on my spacer. the search for material starts, and ill try to machine the rotor lip on my atlas/craftsman lathe.

Awesom man, keep me updated on how it goes. If it goes well I might consider buying one from you if you could make a spare.

i just realized you guys are talking about the billet moto caliper mount, is the offset the same as pandemonium steel plate adapter?
is any one having the spacing issue with the pandemonium spacer and the mikes floating rotor?

i just realized you guys are talking about the billet moto caliper mount, is the offset the same as pandemonium steel plate adapter?
is any one having the spacing issue with the pandemonium spacer and the mikes floating rotor?

I'm using the steel plate adapter from Pandemonium for the caliper...

i ended up at 13mm thickness for the spacer. if there is interest i can try to get a quote from a local machinist with a cnc lathe and mill

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 237
I'll just toss this in here. I had a guy make these blanks, to make fancy covers for the unused rotor surface on single disc bikes. They are bandsawn from cut offs from an industrial process. The ID is just a smidge too big to allow machining the protruding collar, they run about 13 to 18mm thick. since they are close to final dimensions they could be finished on a light lathe.

I think I have about $5.00 each in them about $3 or $4 to mail.

resto spacers 005.JPG resto spacers 008.JPG

resto spacers 009.JPG resto spacers 010.JPG

All

Just posted this through to the ebay contact that gggGary uses. I'll send through his response.
=========

Hi

I'm an XS650 owner and there is a well trodden route to swapping out the existing brake setup for a gold spot Brembo setup. For earlier XS650s we are limited to the stock ( heavy !! ) rotor with the standard swap, but later XS650s have an option for a high performance floating rotor due to changes in the offset. I'm looking at getting a rotor spacer made up to allow me to use the newer floating rotor. There is probably a small market for a number of these so wondered whether you'd work with the XS650.com community to get a standard spacer designed for this use case ? The basics are a 12mm spacer with a lip.

There's a detailed thread on the XS650 forum here
www.xs650.com/threads/brembo-caliper-w-motolanna-rotor-spacer.45576/

Niall

Last edited:
That lip makes a PROPER spacer if you need more than about 7 or 8mm a more complex to machine item and a "center transfer error area" the spacer needs to fit the wheel lip then the the rotor needs to fit the spacer lip, a well made spacer ends up having a Z shape if you get my drift. If the spacer needed is about 10 or 12mm you end up in a no man's land with the lip. The wheel lip is about 10mm deep on this early hub. It may vary through the years.

Attachments

• DSCN6813.JPG
    DSCN6813.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 837
  • DSCN6815.JPG
    DSCN6815.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 213
The lip fits inside the disk and centers it. As Gary says above, you need this for spacers that are thick.

Spacer Dimensioning 4.jpg

Attachments

• Spacer Lip.jpg
    Spacer Lip.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm the person doing custom spacer on eBay.
I can do this.
The inner chamfer would cost extra and I feel it would be fine if it's squared off.
The lip is extra cost because it's extra operation.
If you can do away with the lip then it's straight up spacer, otherwise it's extra cost.
You guys decide.
Usually the bolts will locate the disc.
A slight chamfer under the bolt head would register the disc.

All

I asked artracing ( Rob ) to drop into the forum to see whether we can get a standard spacer for this use case.

Back