British style Yamaha tank decals

Skookum

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone sell Yamaha decals that mimic the old Brit style tank decals (Norton style, etc)? I'd like something a little different that the factory decals.

Thanks.

Yamah.jpg

Nice bike ! I have one of those compact Lucas type taillights, but so far I have preferred the stock, round one, since I have stock size indicators on my bike.
Btw, do you use a Special tank? Somehow the fuel cap seems offset on your picture! Or is your bike a Special II with older sidecovers and a standard seat?

Last edited:
Find someone with one if those criquit machines. Can make any kind of decals you like. Just an idea

Find someone with one if those criquit machines. Can make any kind of decals you like. Just an idea

I got this from someone here but ca t remember his name. Cast in pewter, I polished a bit, added black paint and stuck in with 3M. Worked great.

Attachments

• 8238455D-0883-47C1-8CA7-0F71EB8D6160.jpeg
    8238455D-0883-47C1-8CA7-0F71EB8D6160.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 120
The "79" was done with stick on vinyl on a criquit. Black and Gold. Stuck on and clear coated. Holding up well after 4 years. Just another option to open up that door to creativity.

1643399415432.png

I got this from someone here but ca t remember his name. Cast in pewter, I polished a bit, added black paint and stuck in with 3M. Worked great.

That was probably Resto - he doesn’t make them anymore. I asked him about some badges a year or so ago.

team Wicked, hoping not to get too much off topic and not to hijack this thread but since we like pics, here's a before. 12 years of neglect will do this.

The Criquit decal thing works well because I've used it on other bikes.

1643503991127.png

Hi all, does anyone sell Yamaha decals that mimic the old Brit style tank decals (Norton style, etc)? I'd like something a little different that the factory decals.

Thanks.

View attachment 206410
XS650 Standard tank.JPG
"Triumph swoosh " style cast pewter Yamaha emblem. Epoxied in place on an XS650 Standard tank.
Got them off this list's "for sale" section some years ago.

Back