BS34 Carb Choke Question

You need the rod and at least 1 spring and ball.
Look at Travis's pics in previous posts he has a good shot of where the ball
and spring are located.
I believe gggGary was thinking about stocking some of the balls and springs but you need to check with him.
One other mod you might consider is another indent between full choke and half choke.
My experience was it needed some play on the throttle to go from full to half.
If you drill indents on both sides and use two springs and balls the positioning gives a firmer feel so you don't close it completely trying to find half choke. But I tend to overbuild.

*edited add on*
Any of the older left side(elec.) clusters will work if you want to get rid of the original with bulky molding for the choke lever or you can just take the lever off.

Last edited:
I have balls and springs. your local bicycle shop has the balls too 1/8" ball bearings.

Search choke lever in motorcycle parts they have separate choke levers that bolt to the handle bars or a frame tube?

I used a choke cable off a garden tractor. It has a squar knob. and a long plastic housing that the flexible cable housing hook into. I put the hard plastic part of the housing in the cable clamp on the carb top. I then cut the housing off and the cable and bent a hook in the end of the cable to hook to the choke mechanism. There is a enough tension in the rusty cable to housing to hold the knob pulled out.
I'll try to get a pic posted, as soon as I find my camera and good batteries.

Found the camera and the batteries were up. In the above shot you can see the cable and how I hooked it up better.

Attachments

• New choke cable 001 (950x713).jpg
    New choke cable 001 (950x713).jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 437
  • New choke cable 002 (925x694).jpg
    New choke cable 002 (925x694).jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 450
Thanks for taking the time to post that pic! I think I'm going to buy a simple handle choke, but this sounds like a cool option for future projects.

Back