bs34 carb question

tysonhumphrey

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i am taking my carbs apart for cleaning and rebuild. im not sure how to remove the needle jet. im putting in the canadian needle...well maybe might try the stock ones again. maybe it can be pushed out? any input would be helpful.

Once you have your needles and diaphragms out, remove the bowls and main jet from the bottom of the carb. It is the big one that you can see, not the tiny one in the tube with the rubber stopped, that is your idle jet. Be careful when removing your main jet, there is a washer underneath that you do not want to lose. Once those are removed then you can use something soft as a drift to push the needle jet out from the bottom to the top, I use a soft wooden dowel and mallet, it should only need a soft tap to break it loose. That's all it takes.

Hey thanks a lot. Maybe a wooden pencil would work might be too big. Does anyone know if you need the carbs seperated to check the free play in the butterfly shafts? Any advice on chokes?

A pencil would probably be great, you only need to tap the bottom. If it were me with an unsharpened pencil, then I'd use the eraser side on the jet. Nice a squishy.

Back