BS34 Float Help

This is great! Was thinking I need pretty much a perfect fit for the butterfly screws. Hadn't thought of a T handle but that's a good idea & will work for lots of other stuff so I'll see if I can get one. Thanks again!

I have several but this Felo brand is my favorite, fits the hand nicely .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252378885345

3WbPmX1.jpg

Last edited:
So I had to drill out one of the butterfly screws. The other should also be replaced. Any thoughts on whether I should try to use OEM parts here or just find something that works? Also, What thread locker should I use? Don't want to put in something that won't hold the bugger in there.

So it's 242. I tried to find the butterfly screws using your o-ring link. Found some Suzuki screws that looked like they were saying were the same but underside of the screw head was flat in the picture so I was afraid to get those since mine are beveled. Found on Mikesxs at $2.99 for 4, which seems like a good deal. I need a few other things can get from them at the same time. Only now I have to wait again for delivery so the project goes on and on and on...

Good news is my floats & butterfly rings are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Have not yet assembled all of the misc carb parts, though I think I have everything now. Will try to do today. Been trying to getting my starter switch working as the little button had fallen out. Ordered from Mikes & thought this would be easy... WRONG!!!

What a bitch to try to get the button, spacer and spring all together in that small space!!! Finally got it on but there's almost no free play & when I press the button nothing happens. FWIW, it worked before disassembly by pressing the spring with a screwdriver.

BTW, maybe someone can help me understand how this forum works. When I log on after a couple of days inactivity I try to find my posts and it says No Conversations & No Threads. Maybe I'm dense but it seems like if I make a post that'd qualify as a thread or a conversation. WTF!!!

BTW, maybe someone can help me understand how this forum works. When I log on after a couple of days inactivity I try to find my posts and it says No Conversations & No Threads. Maybe I'm dense but it seems like if I make a post that'd qualify as a thread or a conversation. WTF!!!

Easiest way I know.... click on your avatar and you'll get a pop-up.
Click on Profile Page and it takes you there. From there click on Postings.

Untitled.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zz.png

Easiest way I know.... click on your avatar and you'll get a pop-up.
Click on Profile Page and it takes you there. From there click on Postings.

View attachment 195777

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 195778
Thanks Jim! Guess I need to search threads on electric start issues. Still hoping to get this bike running...

If your start button isn't moving much and not working, you probably assembled it wrong. To get it apart, you need to spread the frame open a bit to remove the back plate with the contact and wire attached .....

42sl62d.jpg

To reassemble, the button goes in first, into the inside of the frame, then the spring with the contact going into the back of the button. The large open end of the spring fits down around the contact on the end plate. Then you fit the end plate back into the frame .....

k5PqH0O.jpg

When you fit the assembled button back into the control housing, there are two little tabs it has to fit down in behind .....

M3CG5Ih.jpg

It will snap down in there and then the retaining screw can be fitted .....

AEL2JT1.jpg

Mr. Guru you are wonderful! I did everything exactly as you show except that since the button was missing to start with I did not know to place it inside the little metal frame. I stuck it inside the housing. Gonna try it now!!!

Thank You!!!

What my previous pics don't show is the small amount of white lithium grease I put around the button where it passes through the housing, but you can see it here in the "finished" pic .....

Y2xslAZ.jpg

Inside the housing, I use a couple different greases. Metal to metal moving parts get a regular grease (I use Kendall Super Blu) and metal to plastic or plastic to plastic moving parts get white lithium grease .....

DyXEwzY.jpg

What my previous pics don't show is the small amount of white lithium grease I put around the button where it passes through the housing, but you can see it here in the "finished" pic .....

Y2xslAZ.jpg

Inside the housing, I use a couple different greases. Metal to metal moving parts get a regular grease (I use Kendall Super Blu) and metal to plastic or plastic to plastic moving parts get white lithium grease .....

DyXEwzY.jpg

Back