BS34 Reassembly Question/Help

bpd106

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I took the carbs off and did the fuel "T" repair that I found here on the site. I pressed the carbs back together and bolted up the lower support bar and the top plate. It was then that I noticed a very small ball bearing and a very small stiff spring laying on my bench. For the life of me I can't figure out where these two go or where they came from. The only thing I took off was the lower bar, upper plate and the enrichener rod. I had to loosen up the sync screw as well. Everything seems to be moving and working fine (off the bike). Can anyone tell me where these 2 little guys go? I've searched the manual and it doesn't even show the enrichener, and I can't find anything on the web. I'm really starting to wonder if it came from something else like my impact driver.
Any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks,
bpd106

Those are for the detent stop on the enricher rod. top front of each carb you can see a small hole drilled, remove the rod put in the spring and ball (grease helps keep them where they belong) reinstall the rod. I usually find one in each carb but one out of the two will work.

Tip: When you push the rod back in, use a small flat head screwdriver to depress the ball. As you are pushing the rod in from one side of the ball/detent stop, place the screwdriver in the other side and press it down on top of the ball. Then as you push the rod, pull out the screwdriver. This keeps you from pushing the ball out with the rod.

Adding a few extra detent notches in the rod gives you more than off, half on and full on.
One half way between the notches already there gives you off, 1/4 on, 1/2 on, 3/4 on, full on.
Leo

Thanks Fellas,

Got her back in there! The one side was still in place.

Thanks Again,

bpd106

Back