Buchanan's spokes

Got that rim back last Friday. Compared to my earlier picture you can see they reduced the angles this time. The new spokes are shorter and the outers have an extra bend after the hub flange to line them up better in the axial direction too. Went together perfectly. Like it should have the first time ;) Overall happy with it though. I'm diggin the softer curves and finish on the sun rims.

HeVYk.jpg

gOQ9b.jpg

I really like your choice in rim. It would fit my style bikes, smooth transitions and terminations. How does the mix of satin rim and polished hub look with rubber and the rest of the bike? I wanna see pics!
If you don't mind, what did you end up paying in the end?

Hey I'd like to see those pictures too! Haha

This feels like the world's slowest project, but someday there will be pictures. The satin finish doesn't seem too out of place to me. There are a few parts of the bike that pair a painted surface with a polished one, like the painted fork lowers and polished uppers, or the painted engine case and polished case covers. I think the wheels fit in with that okay, although the rims aren't painted they're lightly brushed then anodized. The forks and case do need painting still so I'll try to choose a paint that matches the rims somewhat.

These rims are about $250 for 3" sizes, $300 for 4"s. If you need custom spokes made too they're about $100 a wheel.

Back