Build Mostly Complete, Time to Tune the Carbs...

RCGRT

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all...
First off, thanks to every one on the forum who has pitched in to help me out. Work keeps me pretty busy, so I don't get to contribute much back, but all of the help from the forum has been great. I wish I would of had more time to get more pics along the way, but we all know how that goes. So I'm real close to being finished, just thought I'd share a few pictures. For now I think I'm ready to start tuning the carbs. I'll probably jump in on osteoderm's Lectron thread (great read and info by the way) at some point and keep up with my progress. Now if only I had rear suspension...haha

Attachments

• IMG_3392.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3365.jpg
    IMG_3365.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3387.jpg
    IMG_3387.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 167
Few more pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_3380.jpg
    IMG_3380.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 126
Thanks, and Thanks. The grab bar is probably one of my favorite parts of the bike/build, it was almost a joke of an idea when I first did it, but I really like how it turned out , and it does a great job for just what it was originally intended...moving the bike around.

Nice bike! I see the rotor and caliper but no rear brake pedal. How to you activate it?

Thanks for the comments guys. As far as the rear brake goes, well as my post said, I'm CLOSE to being finished, so unfortunately I have yet to finish up the rear brake linkage.
But I can't wait to have a back brake, I plan on using the lever that came off of those pegs, it'll just rotate on the peg mount. I will have to work something out for linkage to the master cylinder though. Yeah I don't even have a hydraulic line coming off of the caliper as of right now. I had it set up before, just need to re-rig it....

cool. I see you used ss ties for your header wrap. I did too, but how did you get the ties to tighten? I tried everything. they aint cheap either. In the end, I held it real tight with vise grips and my friend hammered them shut.
The bar looks great.
Whats it sound like with that little can? More straight thru, or raspy?

cool. I see you used ss ties for your header wrap. I did too, but how did you get the ties to tighten? I tried everything. they aint cheap either. In the end, I held it real tight with vise grips and my friend hammered them shut.
The bar looks great.
Whats it sound like with that little can? More straight thru, or raspy?

Yeah the ss ties are a pain to get tight, especially when you're doing it without an extra hand. I used a flat screwdriver and vise grips. I haven't cut the ends off yet, I want to get it good and hot a few more times, then give them another good snug. Then trim the ends. I did the same thing on the last set of headers I made and the ties and wrap stayed nice and tight.

The FMF was a cl crash and dent find. Got it real cheap. Just had to straighten it up some.
As far as sound. I like it, I'd say somewhere in between straight thru and raspy. It is rephrased 277

Back