Building a Bike Through Mikes..Question just for kicks

engine22

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was browsing through mikesxs again, and I couldn't help but think of a hypothetical situation:

Suppose you had a frame and that was it, and you were going to get every other part through mikesxs to build a bike from scratch. Keeping things as simple as possible, about how much do you think that would cost? I have a feeling it would be one really, really expensive bike.

I haven't done any calculations, only guesstimations. I have no intent of doing this, I just want to hear some other folk's estimates at how much this project would set you back.

What do ya'll think?

don't care much about my post count, I always do a search before posting anything to make sure I'm not asking for information that is already out there. I wasn't asking people to calculate, just throw out some numbers... I thought it would be funny and interesting to hear. I'm not trying to be demanding, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever thought of this...

You couldn't do it, they don't sell casings, they only sell the 5th gear that the dogs fall off of , crankshafts, and probably a lot more without too much thought

Side Covers, Transmission, Clutch basket and such, cylinder heads, crank flywheels, bearings, etc... would prevent it from happening for sure...

I've heard from reliable sources that to build a new motorcycle from the parts bin costs about 25 times the price of a new motorcycle already built. This was years and years ago when someone added up all the parts prices on some simple bike, I think it was a TS185 Suzuki Trail-Sport.

Back