Burned by mikes xs. Horrible place

Eriktassmer

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I ordered a regulator/rectifier and front brake switch for my bike. My rectifier is fine i just needed a regulator so i said screw it for 40 bucks i can get the reg/rec. So the switch is Doa. I email him he says cool just send it back ill exchange great. Now I'm wiring the reg/rec. but there's only 5 wires. Wtf. It's not a regUlator rectifier it's just a rectifier. So I email him and ask him what the deal is. He proceeds to tell me what a regulator and a rectifier Are.yea thanks I had no idea(eye roll). Then he says

"My PMA unit just uses a regulator. A rectifier is made to convert A/C power to D/C power. My PMA kit creates D/C power only and therefore does not need a rectifier. The part you bought is for our PMA"

So his pma doesn't need a rectifier? Then why does he sell a rectifier for his pma. That makes absolutely no sense. So then he won't respond to emails and he changes the product description. So I called him out on it and he changed it back and called me a liar. Lovely customer service. He insults me and pretty much tells me I'm beat.

Now i have go thru my credit card and try to get my money back. Heres the actual description.
image.jpg

Uhh, that is a Rect/Reg. You put the three yellow wires from the PMA stator to the three inputs, green to ground, red to battery or a cap and spin the engine.

Regulated 12v will be on the red.

Do you have a PMA? I've never seen somebody choose to have separate rectifiers for a PMA setup. If you want to double down, run the output of the rectifier to two of the yellow wires. Diodes don't care...

I've had good luck with Mikes, probably ordered about $400 of their stuff.

Try asking a few questions in the Garage section before knocking a vendor with your very first post...

this post is a little old, but problems with mikesxs is no new issue. lots of folks avoid at all costs. others have never had a problem. i know quality control is a problem there.

Back