Bushyboy's build thread

FD01FAB9-B388-4D70-9782-C1BF511339BD.jpeg
F7FB8B66-6AC3-4490-A9C6-CBA1E97BFEAB.jpeg
D9E590A3-E11E-4048-AE16-FE261026233B.jpeg

B....E....utifull...
can you share some details about the breather I see behind the aircleaners?

@billy icon I think if you go back a few pages I have some more details on the breather, but I have a catch can from a go cart and a K&N filter to fit. The catch can was small and fit perfectly in between the pod filters.

These should be the same however do research and get a better deal on prices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360076830090

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273770111024

Working on an oil cooler to install on the bike. So proud of the clean up job on this side cover I purchased I wanted to show it off. Not perfect but sometimes that gives it character. Might have to do some polishing on the other crankcase cover when I put this on. Potentially will post a DIY thread for adding an oil cooler.
7DFE4F9A-DB48-4653-9FA0-747F48A7506C.jpeg
D6C33F88-0B4A-469D-ACDD-EA618880CE3C.jpeg

BF8873C5-0FAA-4EB9-85F5-81AC8F65C736.jpeg
Well F*&$ there goes that idea. At least it was a beat up used one I got to figure it out on. I was really hoping it worked out for the site glass. Anyone need a oil pump?

Last edited:
View attachment 178860 Well F*&$ there goes that idea. At least it was a beat up used one I got to figure it out on. I was really hoping it worked out for the site glass. Anyone need a oil pump?

Yes that's a bitch hole. Has to be drilled at an angle, sorry i didn't realize or i would have posted this before.........
Scroll down to ..........Oil coolers for the XS a bit wordy for a start but gets into what and why
https://old.xs650.org.au/Technical Info/tech3.html

MmmmMmmmm..Monster! hehe. any idea how many are in HI?

Seen many monsters in Hawaii, but this is the only S4RS I’ve seen since I’ve been here.

Yes that's a bitch hole. Has to be drilled at an angle, sorry i didn't realize or i would have posted this before.........
Scroll down to ..........Oil coolers for the XS a bit wordy for a start but gets into what and why
https://old.xs650.org.au/Technical Info/tech3.html

Thanks I’ll probably give it one more shot with a side cover on the way.

i have a few side covers if you want one, since you hooked me up with the Kedos, I will make sure you have what I can provide,Im going to read the Bit of info on the oil colloer you posted right now, but I think Ive read it before, I wanted to add an oil cooler to my tedious build also, so I willl watch closely and i will learn what I can from you, still so jelous you get to ride motorcyles AND fly choppers! ... I mean Im a chopper pilot but only the bike kind hehe.

OooooR? I have a milling machine now ,I can put all the necacary holes in a cover for you (Maybe U want to diy) just an idea,

Ok I just looked at that link, , very interesting, sOOOOo I have a tig welder and a milling machine, I will make a cover like this one for my bike and show it here, and if yiu like what you see you can have one too

I even have the aluminum round stock in the shop allready, Wohoo.. also Im just thinking out loaud here, I can make the threads NPT nastional pipe thread tapered , or I can machine the ends of the welded pieces flat for ORB, thats O ring boss fittings where the fitting has a nut washer with a intregrated sealing oring inside the waahser... ...its kinda a mater of choice there. but I have both taps, sooo hmm ya im excited to make one

@billy icon i appreciate the help but I already got another set of side covers coming. I’m a gluten for punishment I guess when it comes to DIY. You know what they say idle hands are the devils playground. I jumped on the opportunity when my wife said I could get the Ducati. It was a bit of surprise and yet I can’t get her to say yes at the times I find a C5 Z06 for sale.

im not sure thats front cover is fixable hehe, but I like punishment as well, PM me and I can pay for shipping or what not.., let me think about it, soo im reading further down this article you linked, I actually am quite impressed by this guy, and the knowlege he is sharing, Im actually a beliver in "Open source information" a term referring to information like this guy is sharing to be free to everyone to see read and use for themselfs, and sometimes even improve and contribute to, ya I know capatalizm thrives on "proprietary knowledge" and the secret formula to coca cola, but I still have a soft spot for the idea of us all sharing knowlege and ideas FREEly ..., anyhow I was going somewhere with this rant, ummmm uhhh....oh that right Ive gotton to the part with the add on oil filter and how there putting it under the sump cover, and Ive never been fond of that, all my builds have been low, either because they are a chopper ,or a somewhat race(cafe) style, and Ive never had the lower filter my self but it seems so prone to geting hit on something and ruining your day or all your days from there on.... anyways im going to go look for the oil filter desighn I have ssen before and I had actually set parts aside to build once upon a time, you take the starrter apart and use the two aluminum ends, the rear and front covers of the started, and fill in the middle with a piece of large aluminum pipe or tube, and well ill find the photos and yhou will see what im yackin about... of corse you loose your starter, BUT you can 500cc of oil capacity and a real filter, I can see the two (oil cooler) and filter (the one im talkin abooot being a real hot ticket, haha well shoud I say cooool ticket, haha im on a rol tonihgt. anyways Im going to see what I can find and post here about the filter, DO U have the under sump filter? or does anyone a=watching have it, any experiance? it seems like the filter body would sit below the frame rails?? anyone?

I wish someone would sponsor me or start me a go fund me, so I could spend my time doing reserch and DEVOLOPMENT of xs 650 componets needed for ALL our diferent builds..

Well I am wholeheartedly sad to tell you folks that I sold the XS650. I am really going to miss it and all the people I have come to know. I hope that the gentleman that purchased it joins the forum; like I recommended to him, and is as welcome as I felt. This is by far the best forum I have ever joined out of any of the auto or motorcycle forums. I will probably gather up so xs650 parts and tools and post them in a thread soon; if that’s of any interest to any one.

Back