Buying a foot clutch asm

vickie m ford

vickie and andrew
Reaction score
I have seen builds on you tube that seem to have a lever that mount behind mid controls then has a linkage that goes to the clutch cover any body know where i can get one of those i know you can just use a lever of the gear box or go into the box and even use a clutch lever on the shifter.seen one that looked store bought i checked like pandamonium and hughes nothing

mine is made from brake parts, i haven't seen any kits for the xs yet.
zzzzzz.jpg

looks like you used a brake pedal and a bent wrench .i understand how you did your shifter thats cool what i dont understand is what your foot pedal is going to? in the frame. i know thatunder the small round center is the connection for where the shaft pushes in to engage . did you run a rod to the atachment then back , so that when the pedal is depressed it pulls ? thanks for the info and a good picture of your set up

I did not use a wrench, that is just a reversed brake pedal. the foot pedal is using a stock brake pivot and a shortened drum brake rod that is connected to the worm gear arm under the cover. the work gear has been re-clocked to work with the rod horizontally.

ok ,cool i have a spare rod and brake piece from a drum brake bike can get a second pedal. . did you just drill a hole same size as geared part?i also know that the cable is held on with a pin and kotter . so i could probley drill a hole i n the rod and re pin and kotter. i also see i would have to cut my casing down . thanks again for your time .still suprises me that hughes or pandamonium isnt making one .saw another bike set up with one looked like a factory bought set up. my friend allways puts suicide shifts on his bikes i asked him yesterday is it like driving a car with a clutch the answer was simply no lol

my name is andrew did you see what i did in my album with my frame. going to powder monday start build fri nite . watch the progress by sun should be rolling and engine. still trying to decide on an airbrusher for the tank want a different type of mural kinda heaven hell on each side

you don't have to cut your case at all, I just did that to trim some fat. Both ends of the rod are attached with a pin and cotter pin. it is sort of like driving a stick shift car, only you shift with your left hand instead.

two more. sorry did you just rotate mechanism 180 and theres a flat piece off that did you just drill a hole in the end of the rod? and pin thanks james

Took a gander at the cover last nite and got my hands on another brake pedal keep an eye on my build album my frame and rims are done from powder sat sun goin to town

here are some pics.
this pic is a top view to show the rod, it is in tension, the clutch pedal pulls it when I step on it.
1340949870.jpg

here is a close up of the worm gear.
1340949915.jpg

it is close to 6 o'clock normally, and about 5 o clock when I step on the pedal
1340949987.jpg

(3rd pic) the end that connects to the worm gear arm is the cable connection welded to the rod.

About the worm gear arm. At rest, the worm gear is partially turned, I just adjusted the clutch to not disengage because I needed the arm to be at the 6 o clock position. hope that makes sense. Also, dont put your masterlink clip on backwards like I did :doh:

thanks james dont at what point i will get to the clutch .do know i get to start building today . post picks tommorow where im at p.s mine doesnt have the open space to run the rod into will either have to change or find a pin set up dont want to just weld rod to plate

Back