cafe/tracker bout

mddawg

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the help and info I received on here , finally pretty close to done , heres a few pics . need to take some better ones, By the way the mikes xs pwk cars that everyone hates or bad mouths wok like a champ, stock jetting and I'm at 3500 ft , no slide issues yet I guess time will tell, anyway thanks again I love this site , think I'm gonna do another one, Mike DSC01332.JPG DSC01331.JPG DSC01328.JPG

Nice I like the look of the tank seat combination. Watch out before you know it you will have a shed full of them.

Good looking bike. Like it a lot. It should be comfortable with the looks like euro bars. Aim the headlight. Good luck with carbs. Nice build. :cheers:

Thanks for the comment , yep I got ya on the headlight , just haven't adjusted yet. Yes it is pretty comfortable, cant remember but I think they were superbike bars or could be euro , brain fade

Realy nice. Maybe those pwk's are supposed to live at 3500 ft?
Something about silver frames i realy like

Hi Mike,
ooh! Nice! Although if I'd gone to the trouble of removing the reflector brackets I'd have ground the welds smooth.
And yeah, add a fork brace, eh? The stock forks are kinda flexy without. I prefer TKAT's but there are several others.
I had pleated tapered carb pods on mine too until site gossip persuaded me that Unipods were better.
And for me, that seemed to be true. Mind you my bike has stock carbs, dunno if it'd be different with your PWKs.

Hi Mike,
ooh! Nice! Although if I'd gone to the trouble of removing the reflector brackets I'd have ground the welds smooth.
And yeah, add a fork brace, eh? The stock forks are kinda flexy without. I prefer TKAT's but there are several others.
I had pleated tapered carb pods on mine too until site gossip persuaded me that Unipods were better.
And for me, that seemed to be true. Mind you my bike has stock carbs, dunno if it'd be different with your PWKs.
Ya I know on the weld , just flat missed it although the weld height is actually below the round tube surface, but should have ground and filled , oh well too late now, definitely going for a fork brace do you have a source or pic of TKAT one. might try the Unipods too Thanks
Great looking bike!
What header/exhaust combo did you use?

They were from Gordon Scott, I think he is in Texas, seem to work well and sounds really good
By the way like your bike as well , like the color combo haha I was going to do the same type lettering but found this tank brand new factory original paint so I left it.. how things in Seattle ,, was my home for 66 years , had to leave the craziness lol

Ya, your exhaust looks perfect in my opinion. And I wouldn't have touched the paint if my tank looked like yours...it's sharp!
Seattle is just as crazy, maybe even more so than you remember...traffic is horrific and we still have elected officials that don't seem to know what they are doing...nothing new there I suppose. But it sure is pretty. And you get to take in all the beautiful greenery, water, skyline as you wait in the 5 mph stop-n-go parking lot that is I-5! Ha!

Very good eye there mddawg! Bike looks all of a piece and that doesn't come easy. Show entrants will cower when you arrive!
Foam filters is a CV carb thing. Tho IMHO they filter a bit better. Good to hear a PWK success story too.

Definitely a beautiful bike. Ive had the privilege of riding it. It is awesome. It inspired me to build one also.

Back