Cam Chain Tensioner Adjustment-Video

my bike is missing the lock nut.........anybody know what size and thread that sucker is? can I take it all the way out and bring it to the hardware store with me?

I believe there is also a copper washer on 77 D models and maybe several years that goes on the thing before you put the cover back on. I have had 2 77's and neither had it. Mikes got em.
jefft

Brew, some years did not use the lock nut.
Yes, you can unscrew the tensioner and take it with you, but any nut you find will not work with out modifying it. The end toward the engine needs to be turned down so it fits up into the recess on the housing. It also may be too thick. If too thick the cap nut won't go back on.
Leo

There are several tensioners on Ebay, Complete units. Starting at about $18.
Leo

Met littleBill yesterday, Great guy and very knowledgeable with these bikes that we like so well. I would like to publicly thank him for his service to our country. My pleasure to know him. Hope to see you again soon ,Kev.

I am with some of the other fellow's if you could do one on adjusting the valves that would be awesome. You present in a logical and easy way to follow method. Keep up the good work and thanks for contributing. :bike:

I am with some of the other fellow's if you could do one on adjusting the valves that would be awesome. You present in a logical and easy way to follow method. Keep up the good work and thanks for contributing. :bike:

He did do one on adjusting the valves:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13083

I did both the cam chain and the valves today with the help of these videos. Very much appreciated to have these. Both were project that made sense in my mind, but seeing it done to verify sure helps. Thanks again!

Kent

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your knowledge. Great job! :cheers:
Mick

Hey what happened to all the videos from the engine guru's. I have watched them all including Carbon's and found them all very helpful. Hope we see more videos in the future. Would like to see some bottom end videos. Thats bottom end engine videos in case you were wondering.
jefft

Back