Cam rod and timing points

************************* THREAD JACK*******************************
5twins
Hats off to you for your willingness to share and teach others.
Would you consider a thread on using a dwell meter(plus tidbits on types/styles) ? I know you have touched on it and posted pictures in other threads but a dedicated thread might make it easier to access 4 dummies like me. Or have you done so and I missed it?
-------------------------end thread jack----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, I will do a dwell meter write-up eventually, but it will have to wait until someone brings me another points bike to tune. I don't have any pics of using it on a dual points set-up, only a few of it hooked to the single points set-up I ran for a little while. The meter readings differ for the two.

As mentioned, finding a dwell meter today isn't as easy as it used to be. Yes, there are quite a few on eBay but many are no-name Chinese units. The description for one prominently listed meter even tells you not to use the dwell function because it isn't accurate. Well, what good is that, lol. But I think I found a pretty nice one. It's a known brand name and appears to be a discontinued model that is now being cleared out. The $15 price tag is also very good compared to it's original $50 retail. I just ordered one .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-W-Sperry-...345a31c&pid=100276&rk=4&rkt=4&sd=321211107856

This is also a normal multimeter so it isn't limited to just checking dwell. You can do your other electrical testing with it as well.

Thanks for the heads up. 63 available and I bet half those are sold today on your recommendation.

Back