Can someone measure this....

projectxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I bought a frame where the guy welded the swing arm in place, to turn it into a hardtail. It works, and the welds have been inspected. But i've always have wondering how it would look if i got a legitamete hardtail on there? what i'm hoping is someone can tell me the overall length from the end of the rear axle plates, to the......lets say front motor mounts? I say motor mounts instead of from wheel because everyones got diffrent forks, rakes etc....But to know what the length from the rear axle to the front motor mount is when be incredibly usefull for me. It would definetly help me make a decision on keeping, or going with a real hardtail.

everybody is probably going to have different measurements there too. Mine is stretched 6in over factory.

I always went from the spark plug back, a good starting point---tim

I just measured one of mine; from the very end of the axle plate to the centre of the front mount hole on the frame is exatly 39"
(engine out, that way I got a straight line

Attachments

• xsframe 002.jpg
    xsframe 002.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 90
I think you would get a good idea of how a regular hardtail looks vs yours, is to look at the pics in peoples build threads and compare that to how your looks.
Leo

I just measured one of mine; from the very end of the axle plate to the centre of the front mount hole on the frame is exatly 39"
(engine out, that way I got a straight line

Thanks a ton. So with mine having the swingarm become the hardtail, i got 37''. Your measurements reaffirms my idea to get a longer hardtail.

Back