Carb Help Please

jtfield

JTF Customs
Reaction score
Removed my Carb off my 1980 XS650 and pretty sure it is a Mikuni BS34. However, the float bowl doesn't look like all of the diagrams I see for the BS34. Can someone help assure me that this is a BS34 and help find a correct diagram, been going round and round about this. Thanks! See pictures:

carb6.jpg
carb5.jpg
carb4.jpg
carb3.jpg
carb2.jpg
carb1.jpg

Thank you very much Paul, and for confirming that the bowl sure is different, i will just look at the BS34 Diagram and ignore the float bowl.

The bowls are correct for the '80. The drain screw/bolt on the right carb has been changed. Buggered up maybe. They didn't change to the flange set screw and drain spigot till '81. Along with the drain bolt the '80 carbs used brass floats and you will need to set float height according to that years specs. 5twins did an excellent job of including the specifics in the carb guide for the '80.

Thank you again will look at that guide and get those bad boys rebuilt. The drain plug on the one was apparently a replacement...the PO should have cut it down to the 5mm depth and forgone the extra washers he had in there... thankfully he used a metric bolt an didn't "F" up the treads.

Back