Christmas for my 8 year old daughter

alfredo

1978 xs650 Special
Reaction score
Thought the fellow xs650 people might enjoy what I bought her for christmas. Its a used 2004, but looks untouched. Still don't have mine together, but why have that hold her back :thumbsup:

xmas.png

The coolest dad award GOES TOOO!

Haha,, thats the only thing i wanted for Christmas when i was 10 to 16, then i got the xs bug. Shes going to have a blast dude. Plus, once you get yours together you can ride together, awesome.

Hell ya man thats awesome. My fiance when I met her worked for Honda as safety offroad riding instructor for honda's faucility in Irving and step father owned a honda dealership. So my kids are gonna be riders also. Her step father already has a xr100. He told us we had to get the 50!I told him We dont even have kids yet.You are Dad of the year. What's the old lady think about it?

I saw a bike like this but smaller at a dealership one time, and where the chain meets the rear sprocket was too exposed for little kids. That bike was smaller, maybe intended for barely past toddler.

Hell ya man thats awesome. My fiance when I met her worked for Honda as safety offroad riding instructor for honda's faucility in Irving and step father owned a honda dealership. So my kids are gonna be riders also. Her step father already has a xr100. He told us we had to get the 50!I told him We dont even have kids yet.You are Dad of the year. What's the old lady think about it?

I had to pull the trigger without asking . . . . . . . we shall see :bike:

Very cool :thumbsup: Now she can go riding with dad on matching bikes :)

The bike in the back is a second one the guy had for sale. I only bought the one in the pic, but . . . . I do have a 650 in pieces and ready for powder and paint. Hoping to get my bike on the road by April :thumbsup:

You're a good dad :thumbsup: My mom bought me my first bike for christmas in "76", A brand new Honda z50 :D She saved a year to buy it for me and I spent a year sitting on it at the dealers next to our apartment. That little bike changed my life, I've been hooked ever since :bike: P.S check out the Jim Carey haircut :laugh: and second picture was the very first time on a bike, christmas day.

You're a good dad :thumbsup: My mom bought me my first bike for christmas in "76", A brand new Honda z50 :D She saved a year to buy it for me and I spent a year sitting on it at the dealers next to our apartment. That little bike changed my life, I've been hooked ever since :bike: P.S check out the Jim Carey haircut :laugh: and second picture was the very first time on a bike, christmas day.

This is really great Gordon! Thanks a lot for sharing!! It's great to hear about people and what helped make them what they are. Its even better when we can see pictures of their past. Your mom sounds like a great, respectable lady. Cheers!

the first kickstart:

IMG_0537-e1293566993966.jpg

i will stop after this one i promise ;) just being proud of my little one.

Do You realize what You have started? Happened to Me, when I was about that age....1968, a Honda Mini-Trail Z-50AK-1. Now, I am old and fat, and grey....160 bikes later, and I am still addicted. It is uncurable.

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 133
Be proud. Pics like that are a big part of how we keep the lifestyle going. If we don't teach the young ones about bikes who will ?

Awesome.. How'd the first ride go?

I took her to a big field and it took her a couple of hours to get shifting down, but now it's all groovy. She mostly rides in 1st, but I can see it in her eyes and smile. . . . it's pure freedom machine for her.

:D

Back