Clutch cable and brake cable?

hotrdd

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Final have some funds and time to get some parts for the bike and can't find the links :doh: I use to have to the good EZ pull clutch cables and stainless front brake lines. Any suggests on what I should look at?

650central/ for the Ez Pull clutch cable. As for the Stainless brake lines, MikesXS has them. There are some other sources out there and they can be expensive. What's I've done is just search ebay, looking for the correct 10mm banjo ends (pretty standard) and the length I need.

I use Motion Pro from Motorcycle super store for my clutch cable, it works good, better then mikes which broke 300 miles in. I also switched my throttle cable to since I was in the area.

Without starting a war. Is there a big difference between feel and durability in the stainless steel brake lines? I still have the original master and caliper but the old line is feeling soft.

Yes, it's huge. If you are changing the line, go stainless. You will use less lever travel for effective braking and can modulate much better.
My Opinion, Motion Pro for ANY cable, any bike.

I'd stay away from the lines that mikesxs sells. I bought one for the rear on mine and the banjos were aluminum.... Tend to leak.

I can recommend this place to buy Braided Steel (Teflon) Brake Lines.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BOBBER-MOTOR...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6ce06019

Rennsport Auto Parts in Scarborough Ontario.

They will make the line any length, and several colours to choose. You choose the type of fittings and angle of fittings.

Will cost $35.68 including delivery to Calgary.

They are high quality and the fittings are steel, not aluminum. I have one on my rear disc brake and works great.

Yes, get rid of the old rubber lines.

I can also highly recommend the E-Z Pull clutch cable that www.650central.com sells. Its a strong cable, and yes its easy to pull!

Both are great products. Motion Pro has the "Terminator" line for off-road that is made the same way as the EZ pull (made by MSR) Not sure what the street version is, but I'm sure they make it. Can't go wrong with either one for the clutch. Just gotta make sure and lube the balls and pivots when it goes together and keep it all working smooth.

Back