clutch problems

77-650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Ever since I bought the bike if u got right after it in 2nd it'd just slip like crazy and then this morning I left to go to work and it just quit and it wont move im guessing I just need to change the clutches so what all will I need and have no clue how to change them:banghead:

Posted via Mobile

What wont move? The lever, the shift pedal, the whole bike? You need to do a better job of describing your problem.

Slip city as in no clutch left? Have you checked all the adjustments? Cable free motion etc.?

If you're using a car oil, it could be that too.

The bike wont rly move if I get off it'll move rly slow but when I get on it it just stops it trys to go but just jerks

Posted via Mobile

No I just got the bike and haven't did anything with it the clutch is adjusted all the way in at the bars

Posted via Mobile

You did something, you rode it until it broke, lol. Nice going. Sorry, no advice in a situation like this.

It wasn't getting worse or anything that'd what I don't get it just quit working

Posted via Mobile

Go to the tech section and read everything about the clutch.
When your eyes get tired go change the oil and replace with an oil suitable for wet clutches.

yup you need to change oil and you need to do the full monty clutch adjust routine. The handle bar adjustment is a minor component the adjuster in the LH cover is where the real action is. DO NOT short cut follow the whole routine get it right it might take a time or two. When loosening the 12mm nut use a phillips screwdriver to keep the adjuster from turning, it's a bit hard to get that all at the same time but VERY worth doing.

Back