Clutch rod query.. Pics

triniriderz

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok fired up the XS for the first time this evening and made a stupid mistake of not fitting the LHS engine case :doh:..

So the bike started "yippy" and after I had done a victory lap of the garden I had noticed that the Clutch rod along with a ball bearing had come out the side of the engine see pic..

IMG_6722.jpg

Rod just to the left of the front sprocket spline (like you didnt know :thumbsup:)
This caused a bit of a oil leak to say the least :yikes:.. Was I ok this just putting the ball bearing and the rod inplace???? or have I made a BooBoo :confused:

Last edited:
The nut that holds the sprocket goes on with the counter sunk side toward the sprocket. The counter sunk of the nut fits over the shaft splines to push the lock tab into the splines.

Man I would have loved to see the "victory' lap. Been there myself :thumbsup:

Ok fired up the XS for the first time this evening and made a stupid mistake of not fitting the LHS engine case :doh:..

So the bike started "yippy" and after I had done a victory lap of the garden I had noticed that the Clutch rod along with a ball bearing had come out the side of the engine see pic..

IMG_6722.jpg

Rod just to the left of the front sprocket spline (like you didnt know :thumbsup:)
This caused a bit of a oil leak to say the least :yikes:.. Was I ok this just putting the ball bearing and the rod inplace???? or have I made a BooBoo :confused:

Back