Clutch/Throttle cables?!?

Milk_Jesus

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I'm supposed to be doing final assembly next week and just realize I don't have cables. Where should I go? I'll link my build tread below so you can see the layout and if I need extended cables or not. Thanks!

Yep, with those bars probably need + 8"-10" cables. The stock clutch cable is about 51" (outer sheath plus that elbow thing). Could take a cable, or long piece of fuel line, and kinda mock-up the routing to the perch. Measure, see how much over 51" you get. Throttle cable will need same amount of extension.

I like that Le Pera seat. Would you mind measuring and posting the seat bottom measurements? Widest width and nose to fender length? My seat is an old E&S, 8" wide. I've gotten wider, no cure for that, and been looking for a 9"-10" width in a style like ours.

Yep, with those bars probably need + 8"-10" cables. The stock clutch cable is about 51" (outer sheath plus that elbow thing). Could take a cable, or long piece of fuel line, and kinda mock-up the routing to the perch. Measure, see how much over 51" you get. Throttle cable will need same amount of extension.

I like that Le Pera seat. Would you mind measuring and posting the seat bottom measurements? Widest width and nose to fender length? My seat is an old E&S, 8" wide. I've gotten wider, no cure for that, and been looking for a 9"-10" width in a style like ours.

I'll measure it when I get home for sure. I found these measurements on a site that sells the seat: "Riders seat is 19 long, 9 wide", but not sure how accurate that is.

and here's a decently low priced one (ive seen people pay closer to $300 for these)

http://cycleplicity.com/products/164095-.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=164095NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GSNOFITMENT&adtype=pla&kw=&utm_term=&adpos=1o1&network=g&gclid=COeC2tHvm7sCFaTm7AodeAcA9g

Back