Coils and other suggestions please

Fred99

Coupe
Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm a long time lurker and frequently use this forum for ideas.
I am working on what I have now identified as a 1977 Police Special. I bought it as a complete but not running bike. The engine is still out of the frame but nearly complete just awaiting some oil pump parts. Hugh's Handbuilt's hand is involved in that I now have a 277 degree crank and cam and 200w PMA. The capacity is 750cc, kick start only, and carbs are standard 38mm. Pipes are from Brosmfg and I plan to fit short, reverse cone mufflers. It will eventually be a café style bike and I am preparing a stretched GS450 tank to match up to my first attempt at fibre glassing: a single seat and tail unit. I will freshen up the front suspension and probably add a second disc. Perhaps a whole new front end will be added later depending on how I like the standard setup.

So questions:
What coils to use?
Where can I get some reasonably priced wire spoke rims? I want matching 1.85 x 18 36 spoke for the front and 2.50 x 18"36 spoke for the rear – preferably WM profile. These will be laced to the standard hub at the front (unless someone has some better suggestions) and a Suzuki GT750 hub at the rear (for the cush drive).
Does anyone have any comments on the motolanna swing arm or any other suggestions for the rear?
Any recommendations for a kick start lever that will have to clear the rear sets that I don't have yet?

Thanks for listening
Greg

Back