condensation on bike

Jaydela180

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Been having alot of cool nights and hot days lately. Opening the garage for the day, letting in warm air, is wrecking havoc on engine. Bike will sweat all day until it reaches ambient temp.

Is there anyway to prevent this? Would a good cover help? I feel as if all the hours polishing covers is going to waste. Any input is appreciated.

Posted via Mobile

Getting things shiny is a lot of work. It seems a good polish such as Never Dull should keep it shiny.
Leo

I have 7 months of off season to troubleshoot those problems. So right now its ride and keep her looking purdy.

So, yes...condensation. obviously, its not a life or death issue, but its, something that bothers me.

Posted via Mobile

Get it off the concrete, put down a sheet of foam and some plywood park the bike on it. Full monty; Cover over it and a low watt bulb under it. Had a bud with a machine shop threw open the overhead door on a warm spring day then spent hours oiling down and removing rust from all his machines.

if the bike's a runner just start it and let it warm up a bit, moisture in warm air will only condense on cold objects... doesn't have to be hot, just slightly warmer than air temp that the water's dropping out of...

or put the bike outside in the sunshine with a nice hat on. shade in the garage will keep it cooler.

or keep the garage door shut and the warm air out.

if it's a sheet steel panel door paint it a darker colour on the outside if it's white... when the sun hits it it'll absorb more light/heat and radiate heat into the closed garage warming both bike and air inside gradually, but side the bike up against the door. My garage gets like an oven in summer due to the door storing so much heat then throwing it inside... might take the cold edge off inside during the night too

Back