Congratulations to Two Wheel Mafia

Tech7,

That chrome baby... :laugh:

Ironicly there is a great story behind this.... I was traveling from VA to CA to see some family... as I board the plane, sitting in first class in Boyd Coddington ( Hot rod car "godfather" from Southern CA) In mid flight, we walks past me towars the back of the plane... I happened to have my build photo ablum with me that show the bike as is stood at that time. He snatch the book out of my hands and we drank and BSed that entire flight. I asked him who he uses for chrome... the man went in his wallet and pulles out a card for classic components in Santa Anna, CA.
I have used them ever since. LOL I even asked him if I could drop his name for a discount.... he responded " if you did that they probally would charge you double."

He was the niceest guy... :( he passes in 08

Sorry tech, went off on a tangent there.

Frankie

Nice job guys. I wish I could get my engine covers polished like that! Nice job.

XJWMX,

No, your right is chrome, LOL thats why the bike cost me 13K. On joes bike we polished the aluminum. Polishing is way more cost effeciant.

Glad you like it.

Frankie

I can't believe he got the aluminum that shiny. I think it's chrome. I actually like this bike. Most would look better with a Harley twin in it but this one suits the motor.

Bonez,

Yes there was another XS650 there. We build that one for him... I think Travis posed his interview link on here as well if you wanted to check it out.

Thanks again, Hopefully you stopped over and talked to me... you cant be that close and not say hi. :)

Frankie

Congrats, I saw it at the DC show and everybody was definately scoping it out. I think there was one other XS competing too.

High speed,

LOL how much did you spend? my wife didnt know the final total until i let it out during the interview.... turned a great day into a shitty night. :shrug:

Thanks,

Frankie

Finally someone who spent more than me... phew. Awesome stuff beating out all the Hog runners who as stated above, probably spent 5 times that much. A Yamaha XS Victory. Well done Frank.

They are already on order... he's making me a set of "Chopper Hi Pipes".

Ill be honest, exhaust was never my thing... Im just going to keep Gordon busy all year round. :thumbsup:

Frankie

Do use Scott's pipes on your next winner. He's a cool guy too and anybody who rides in snow deserves the honor :)

Back