Correct brake lever

cmattina1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So, I'm not sure how many of us have snapped our brake lever, but I did.

There was a wind storm late last fall that pushed my bike over during the night. it bent the front brake lever, and today, trying to bend it back, i snapped the thing.

I see on xs650direct the alloy lever for the "Magura Master Cylinder", would that be the one i am looking for if it is for a 78 special?

Also, is it an easy job to replace, or not worth messing around with if you are the slightest bit not confident???

thanks guys

If you have the Magura master cylinder, it is. If you have the stock M/C, you need mikes part #08-0022. It is very simple to change. One bolt. Just don't lose the spring.

So, the 78Se didn't come with a magura as standard? Mine looks an awful lot like the magura... I am only asking here as my bike is across town, so I dont have the money or gas to fly all the way back there?

No, Magura controls were never standard on a 650. They're aftermarket and German made (or at least designed). Check the internet for some pics of all stock Specials to get a look at an original MC set-up. I only have shots of the Standard version on mine. Pretty much the same (less angled reservoir) though.

Back