craigslist people are so DUMB

Every time I sell something on craigslist, I think of this post. LMAO:laugh:

http://www.collegeslackers.com/pictures/craigslist_cement_blocks

That's hilarious! I have a bike for sale on Craigs List right now for $1500. I've gotten a couple of emails saying something like "I'll give you $1000 Cash"

I try to be polite, but how annoying. I feel like saying. "I'm not a f###ing bank, I wont finance you and I can't process your f###ing credit card. It's $1500, not $15,000 or $150,000, if you don't have the money, don't waste my time"

I have learned with Craigslist that if I am selling something and I want to get, say $1300 out of it, I have to put it up as $1800 or $1900.
I ask too much and the eventual buyer tries to "low-ball" me when in reality I am getting what I originally wanted for the item or a little more.

I like craigslist....but your right there are some complete fucking morons selling and buying shit on craigs. You have to admit it beats the hell out of ebay 90% of the people buying shit on ebay end paying just as much or more for the product than just buying it local. They get into bidding on stuff and want to beat the other person so bad that by the time they win they are paying more for it they just buying retail. I'm just glad I don't plan on reproducing less people like me that have to deal with stupid people.

Haha so true. My recent craigslist ad had approximately 55 or so 1/18 scale diecasts that I wanted to sell as a lot so I didn't have to ebay them and deal with shipping each individual one. Mind you this was a large quality collection from AUTOart, BBurago, Kyosho, Hotwheels, Hotwheels Elite, Maisto, CMC, GMP, etc. I mean if I sold each one individually I probably would have go around $3K total. So I put the lot up for $1300...which is a damn good deal considering just two of the cars in the lot are worth about $400 together. So I got lowball after lowball of around $500. I got sick of dealing with that so I put them all up on ebay and the auctions for each one should have ended about 3 hours ago. Sadly EBAY is blocked here at work so I'm interested to see what the total ends up being, but I know before work I was already at $1000....

I agree w/ the post above regarding CL, mark the item high so when you get lowballed it will be close to the original price you wanted for it. :)

Yeah but I been on the dumb side of Craigslist myself, chit happens and just ignore the texters. No one has bought one of my motorcycles from study hall yet. I guess thinking back on it I did sell bike to a texter about 20 YO or so. Damn those kids won't talk on a phone. The good news is I have scored a few real deals from sellers that didn't know crap about what they had and I was able to guess what they meant ............

Since I live in apartments most of my live.. I always sure make I have underground parking with a locked garage door.. whenever someone comes to view the bike I'm selling and they start to belly ache or try and low ball I always say I have another bike very similar but for less money, ie: more in their price range.. each time (3) they perk up and ask about it.. I direct them to the exit door and say its outside and Ill meet them out there.. of course there isn't said bike but I'm already sitting on my couch laughing my bag off and watching the clock.. the record was 20 minutes this tool stood outside looking for the bike..

2F0 production continued right up till December of '79 with some shipping as late as march '80

~kop

Kop you definitly know your facts .We were always told that in most cases production dates from the 6 month or later would be part of the next years production run .

bought my 83 from craigslist. paid A LOT! haha. compared to the $500 guys. it was running though. needed a seat mount welded and that was about it. and i dont call ANYONE. ill text or email. if they want to sell it they'll respond. i havent wanted anything bad enough to call yet. haha...

2F0 production continued right up till December of '79 with some shipping as late as march '80

~kop

XS-E 77/78 2F0 000101

XS-F (US) 78/79 2F0 020101

XS-F 78/79 2F0 150101 (2F0)

XS-SE 77/78 2F0 100101 (2M0)

XS-SF 78/79 2F0 150101 (2M0)

XS-SF 78/79 2F0 250101 (2M0)

XS-SG 79/80 2F0 200101 (3G1)

Off the "ID" Chart in the Tech.

I use Craigslist all the time. I love it and hate it. I have a dirt bike posted right now, and in the description, I explicitly wrote, "NO TRADES, NO LOW-BALL OFFERS". I've gotten multiple emails from people wanting to trade random stuff, as well as offers as low as 60% of my asking price. Seriously people?

And it seems over half of all people posting things either fail to provide critical information on the items they are selling, or include absolutely useless additional info. I don't care if you bought it from your cousin's neighbor, but I sure would like to know what year it is, how many miles are on it, etc... :banghead:

Back