Custom wiring harness...stock controls....a bit of confusion

davem222

davem222
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I'm about to build a custom wiring harness using the diagram that Phail sent my way (thanks Phail!) that I'm attaching. I'd also like to use the stock controls off my 79 2F. Problem is, I don't know what wires do what. I'm going to run a horn as well I think (haven't quite figured that out yet, lol). Anyone know what color wires on each switch are the power in and ground for each element? Let me know if you get a sec, thanks!

Dave

Attachments

• BEST wiring.jpg
    BEST wiring.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 240
I'm converting a '77D over to TCI using an '80 harness to blend the best of both and to remove, to me, the unnecesaries. Safety relays- gone, reserve lighting device-gone, some of the idiot lights in the gauge cluster- gone. Using the Haynes manual with the wire color codes and schematic for the '80 harness and inxs's 1981 simplified wiring diagram posted in the wiring diagrams thread are my references. Yeah, it looks intimidating but sometimes you gotta jump in. I put the '80 harness in place, unwrapped it and started at the rear with the turn signal and brake/running light. As I'm moving forward things are being removed........carefully with much deliberation. Good luck!

Back