cv38carbys....left side over flowing...

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
i removed my carbys and washed them ,,,rinsed them out the float pin on the left side dropped out ,,,so i put it straight back in when i noticed it was out ..now the left side is overflowing from the overlfow tube hanging down ...,,,what could cause it ??? please? regards oldbiker :confused::(

hi ,,,thanks for your advice,,, yesterday,,i pulled the carbys off AGAIN, even so i did clean them,,, there was a little bit of crap in that bowl,,, and i actually pulled both carbys apart,,checked the valvesunder the floats and also checked the brass floats for pin holes .. in a plastic container,, the were no bubbles when they were in the water and the angled seat under the tang of the float wwere not grooved at all .. i,ll put them back on today,,,,,friday,,again thanks for your advice..regards oldbiker

hi guys ,,,about 4 years ago i went to a garage sale a biker was having in morwell ,,,victoria australia,,,,, and i purchased for $20,,, a set of cv38 carbys they had some missing screws ,,,,never looked at them until yesterday,, unrapped them washed them ,,took off the top cover and the bowl ,,,the needle and diaphram were there in both carbs ,,,but in the bowls ,,,NOTHING ... no float ,pin or valves,,,,,so i,ll probably buy some parts and build them up as a spare set ,,, .. i did try tooo look ,,not interested when i saw them .. and purchased them .. regards oldbiker

When you dunked the floats, did you use hot water or cool water?
The hot water warms the float, pressurizing the air inside a bit, makes air push out of the float and can see bubbles better.
Leo

Back