cvk carb??

76bobber

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of bs38s on my bike. I'm tired of dealing with them and want to upgrade. I read a thread about cvk carbs sound like a good upgrade. Problem is I've never heard of them where can I get them? Are they stock carbs off something or aftermarket?

I've got a set of bs38s on my bike. I'm tired of dealing with them and want to upgrade. I read a thread about cvk carbs sound like a good upgrade. Problem is I've never heard of them where can I get them? Are they stock carbs off something or aftermarket?

76bobber - do a quick search for EX500 on this site. There is a great thread detailing the swap to the CVK carbs off of the 1987-2007 Kawasaki EX500. I replaced my BS34 carbs with these and couldn't be happier.

Yes read the thread. Follow the recommendations in the thread and you will be pleased.
I sure am.
Leo

The CVK Keihin carbs have a better success rating than those old worn out BS carbs. The BS must stand for bull shit. Report back let us know how you like them once you score a set.

I love my cvk carbs, and I advise you read the entire thread referenced here before you start. You'll have a clear ideal of what's required to get them dialed with very little fuss. I you get impatient and begin before you've read it all ad understand you'll have some hang ups like the one I experienced. It's a great thread that lays it out very nicely. Some real research went into its production.

You'll need needles, jets (pilots and mains,) clips, and some shims. Full list on that thread.

The carbs are a fantastic upgrade, I ditched my bs38 for them.

Back