Wanted - Cylinder boring work for my xs2

ndechnik

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone with the skill or a shop to get the cylinders measured and bored to +.5mm and setup with my new pistons and rings for my 1972 xs2. I'm in the southwest Michigan area so driving distance from me would be best, but I'd be willing to ship if necessary to get the parts to you.

Thanks!

Before I decided it would be a better option to change my sleeves vs bore the cylinders I was told small engine/lawnmower shops would be the best bet. Depending on what part of SE MI you’re in I was gonna stop in a Wiengartz to see who they used. There was a shop in Ypsi but I can’t remember the name. It’s been a few years as well since I talked to those guys.

Looking for someone with the skill or a shop to get the cylinders measured and bored to +.5mm and setup with my new pistons and rings for my 1972 xs2. I'm in the southwest Michigan area so driving distance from me would be best, but I'd be willing to ship if necessary to get the parts to you.

Thanks!
Where were you able to find an oversize piston kit for the xs2? I’m struggling to find anything that isn’t out of stock right now.

Where were you able to find an oversize piston kit for the xs2? I’m struggling to find anything that isn’t out of stock right now.

I've used these. Good quality.
https://www.cruzinimage.net/category/item/itemgenre/motorcycle/yamaha/pistons-yamaha/page/4/

1682888849169.png

Back