DCC velocity stacks?

timeconsuming

In Nonsense Is Strength
Reaction score
hey guys

just took off my airbox and plan to chop the pipes and baffle them as opposed to mufflers.

i'm on the lookout for air filter options and came across these cheap things over at dimecity...

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...-lightweight-50mm-velocity-stack-12-6652.html

worth a try? i've got a 79 xs650.

i know UNI's are the favorite around here but I figured i'd ask in case anyone had experience with stacks on xs's.

cheers

i just got mine in the mail today (fast shipping! thanks DCC) the fitment was a little tight, but overall looks nice; especially for the price. I've been running the cheap paper element filters without any issue, but it just doesn't look right on my build. I'm running bigger jets so hopefully it doesn't get too lean like this. I'll update in the morning when I take the bike for a ride

full time stacks are for race bikes. expect premature ring and cylinder wall wear since there is no true filter. I would also change your oil twice as often if you run them.

I went out for a quick ride with the new stacks. Performance wise, no different than the cheap air filters I had on there. Looks wise.. a lot nicer. DCC supplied hose clamps to put these on which makes it look odd (for 10 bucks, can't complain) I'll eventually switch them out for a nice band.

I'm not worried about wear on my 45k mile engine. Due to family life and an odd work schedule, I don't think I'll put more than 500 miles on my bike during the riding season

Well I'm an idiot. I have late model carbs with an OD of 55mm so these totally didn't fit.

Haha guess I'll look for some UNI pods now.

Any recommendations where to get some of those long guys to fit my carbs?

Back