Describe your least-favorite Cager

DirtyErnie

Renaissance Hick
Reaction score
What vehicle/driver combo seems to keep getting it wrong and trying to kill you?

For me it's a:
Very well maintained lady in an Audi Q-series. It's always a black Q-series SUV, also.
They even scare me when I'm in my '07 F-150.

Anything with blacked out windows lets me know there's a maniac driving. Also any car that silver-gray color. That color works like invisibility paint to me.

Any minivan or SUV worth twice the trailer it lives by containing a loud, overweight, self absorbed white trash female with a cell phone stuck in her ear.

Cowtrucks with a load of steers coming off winter wheat pasture. The volume and time that green fertilizer will "hang" in the air is amazing.

Anything with blacked out windows lets me know there's a maniac driving.
Don't know about your area but most LEO's have heavy tint here.

As far as the "type" of driver. They cover all walks of life. The younger drivers texting and rocking out to the jams, middle age professionals who insist on working while driving whether texting, entering data, talking on the phone or blatant disregard for those they deem beneath their status, vapers holding smoke outs in the vehicle, Asian drivers, drivers that refuse to indicate their intentions with signal lights. I guess just about any driver with a vehcle that weighs 4X's what the bike and I do.

There are 646 lakes in Crow Wing County MN. It is against the law to move your boat from one lake to another without draining the bilge, bait wells, live wells, etc. So if a fisherman wants to jump from one lake to another they put the boat back on the trailer, pull the various tank stoppers, and down the road they go, spilling their various slippery solutions on the tarmac. When you come up from the rear on these twisty two lanes and pull out to pass, these rigs will invariably piss on your intended path. BE ADVISED!

roy

Leaking chicken poop haulers! There was a local 2 bike crash.............
You just have to assume they ALL are out to kill you. won't notice if they squash you like a bug.

I think this thread kinda makes me relate this;
Last week while headed to the shed I heard a loud SMACK, real loud. no tire squeals before or after. Ran for the road, didn't see anything, then about 200 yards down saw a pickup upside down on the shoulder.
We live on a curvy steep hill on a state highway. Dry, sunny, late morning. A smaller sedan didn't make the curve, crossed the centerline and nailed the pick up from front drivers wheel back. No skid marks from car. Car driver was out and walking, minor cuts, was on phone whole time I saw him.(airbags) Don't open pics if you have eaten recently. We had turned the gas tank upright before the pic. PU driver was breathing and making noises. He was hanging from seatbelt. I talked to him and reassured him help was on way several times. Fire rescue took less than 15 minutes to arrive. He was medflighted from a nearby field. but, died from his injuries. It appeared and sounded like he had a crushed chest and face. Looked like a pre-airbag truck. Police did a major survey of everything related to this crash. Cameras, video, theodite, drone! A second site survey done a few days later.
Still shaken by this. Sight lines are poor here, my driveway included. This is about the 7th or 8th crash I've seen since I've lived here, most were deer strikes. And I'm not counting snow ice related run offs. Heard a sport bike come through last Sunday, guessing 100 plus MPH several times with in earshot. We hear horn honks day and night probably mostly about deer.

Attachments

• 20170516_094235.jpg
    20170516_094235.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 20170516_094231.jpg
    20170516_094231.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
There are 646 lakes in Crow Wing County MN.

That's why I try to avoid 371 when I'm heading to Lake of the Woods; too many citiots in a hurry to enjoy their weekend.

And gggGary, that's (part of) why I try to avoid Wisconsin. :p

....for me it is highly polished (usually black) German sporty cars (normally BMW 3-Series but sometimes Audis or VW GTI models). These damned things are often driven by self-absorbed, young men, whose opinion of their driving skills greatly outclasses the reality.

While a in a nearby city on the FJR the other day I got paced by a kid on a Highly modified Ruckus hotrod, Very nice bike pretty sure the rider was looking for props from you know a "big biker" LOL, I was all in favor of the bike but the "damned kid" was dicing traffic in tee shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. And I just couldn't give him a thumbs up.
IMHO that very low riding position chips away at one of the few advantages a biker has, "great view of what's going on around him."

sorry that you had to witness that gggGary, its not something that is easy to put out of your mind for some time
. What you did took courage and empathy my friend, you're my hero of the day

I have been unfortunate enough to witness several car and bike crashes in my time and its a rare individual that goes in to help those that are trapped and injured. Most stand around helpless, not sure what to do and desperately hoping that someone else will step in and relieve them of the need to do something.

That poor guy that died had the most important non-medical support that anyone, (except his Family & Friends), could have offered him,.... he had someone that cared and reassured him in those first critical minutes following the accident when unspeakable thoughts and fears must have been racing through his mind.

....If this horrific incident and tragic loss is to have any positive outcome lets hope that it at least makes all of us stop and think about our speed today.

Well put, Peanut, and I like that the final word was slow down.
It wouldn't have helped in his case but something you can do is take Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED. Then you will have some idea of what to do in a lot of similar situations instead of just standing there. Takes about half a day and costs about $100 or less, depending. Anybody with kids should without question take it.

Here in Southern Ontario, I look out for older, dirty econo cars and for similar aged Dodge Caravans, plus the hot looking BMW's and VW's, as Pete says. Plus dirty cars or cars with a lot of brake dust on the front wheels, showing lack of care and pride in the vessel probably reflects the driving qualities of the contents.

Quick run to town on the resto-mod last night for some dinner supplies. I didn't "find" my glasses so went without. Was that dim light where you just start to see your headlight beam coming home. KaWham! front wheel took a HARD hit. WTF no wobble or shake, went on a bit then turned around and went back. About 20 rocks in the road from 2" up to 6" major dimension. I kicked them all off the road. A quick look didn't see any rim dent, will need to check better today.

Last edited:
Back