DIY Wiring Harness (Halp)

Leejin

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

After seeing a bunch (phew) of wiring diagrams, I "think" I've decided to re-wire my entire bike, and build the harnesses myself.

There is an amazing site called CircuitLab and I think it is insanely useful.

I'm just trying to get some xs650 folks on there and hopefully get some simple, editable, easy to build circuits.

I'll hopefully adapt some of the many diagrams I've seen, apply them to my bike, then make some diagrams and post them there.

Any tips, tricks, etc for me? I almost bought the MikesXs harness, but realized theres no way it would work for my bike.. Everything's been relocated. X)

As always, thanks for anything and everything!

I recently re wired my bike.. I printed out a ton of the diagrams from the tech section/threads but the one that really ended up being the easiest to follow/understand (with occasional help/reliance on the other diagrams to confirm/double check) was my local mechanics that he posts on his site:

http://texassausage.startlogic.com/...loads/2012/07/XS650-Wiring-Limeybikes_NEW.pdf

This diagram is pretty bare bones - no safety relays, etc.

I originally purchased the MikesXS harness and by the time I tore it apart and stripped out everything I realized I spent $90 on like 10 wires ha. If you have the know-how buy your own wires and do it from scratch.

No problem, it's a really good guide. I can't remember exactly at what points, but I did have to cross reference it with a few others once or twice, but always found myself coming back to that one when I was lost as it was easy to read and accurate.

No problem, it's a really good guide. I can't remember exactly at what points, but I did have to cross reference it with a few others once or twice, but always found myself coming back to that one when I was lost as it was easy to read and accurate.

Do you know how much different it is from a '72? I know mine has 2 coils, and that's about it.. haha.

Back