Does anyone know where I can find:

jackstraw650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for an exhaust pipe with a kickout or pea shooter mufflers with a kick out....sorry I can't describe it better....like the ones in this 650 build. I can't tell if the pipes came that way...or the mufflers or someone fabricated a link between them that kicked them out like that.......however it is I want some or it or whatever!!
Thanks!

Attachments

• Shot_oldskool-10.jpg
    Shot_oldskool-10.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 258
The mufflers are called reverse cone megaphones. Mikesxs has them and a set of headpipes with a slight kickup that look similar to those pictured.

G....I know about Gordon....as last resort if they are not available commercially I will talk to him about duplicating the kick up part at least....
James: In away those mufflers are reverse cones, but that long tapered tip on the muffler came on the mufflers of Norton Commandos in the '70s. They have been known generically as "pea shooters" for years due to their elongated shape. See attached pic.....

My bad...I must not have explained what I was looking for clearly.......what I need is could be found in one of three ways I guess. First of all, look at the slightly "S" shaped curve in the exhaust at the header/muffler junction. I need a set of headers with that type of curve at the end, or a set of peashooter mufflers with that curvature at their inlet, or a piece of pipe shaped that way that I can fit between regular headers and peashooters. I'm beginning to think that the third option might be the only answer. As someone earlier suggested....getting up with Gordon for a consult.
Thanks

Ken, here are a few more I had laying around.....now you bury that keyboard in drool!

Attachments

• 302565.jpg
    302565.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 332254382.jpg
    332254382.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 127
  • nn.jpg
    nn.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 144
Hallelujah!! I finally found exactly what is was looking for.[picture attached] Our brothers at Dime City Cycles have it...reason I had never found it before was that it was listed in the bobber/brat section of their parts section and I always look it the cafe section. Just a plug here....the guys at DCC are very helpful, their customer service is incredible, and they have a great selection of real quality parts. Although their main product thrust is towards Honda, there are plenty of universal and highly useful items for our 650s Check them out@ www.dimecitycycles.com Thanks to everyone for their help!!

Attachments

• 80-0325-vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-exhaust-parts-univers.jpg
    80-0325-vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-exhaust-parts-univers.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 140
I agree, Gary.....looks like that bike is parked somewhere in England. I really like the pipes...and the Yamaha front caliper[R1 or R6]and the paint scheme. Only thing I didn't like was the area normally covered by a side cover....maybe it wasn't finished yet. One thing puzzles me, though....and maybe it's just the angle the picture was shot from.....but do you see the blue ignition wire that seems to run over the top of the engine and disappear into or near the right valve inspection cover on the exhaust side? Seems to be one on the other side as well...... I wonder what those are for????

Back