doughtfull bendix spring ,,, purchased.....

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
a while ago i purchased a bendix spring from an ebayer in the u .s...p/n was 90468-26044 so i got it and 10 days later it arrived .. after ripping my old spring off ..which had a shorter leg and thicker diameter material.. ,, the 1 i purchased looked weaker.. so i used my old spring ..gently filed the inside where it had a couple if rises in the inside ,then flattened in the vice ..and then replaced it back on ,,,, i had a good look before attacking it and also realised that it was also locating in the preferred position my gear had some light wear on the teeth ... ,,but plenty of teeth still left ... it was hard to get the spring back on the gear and also i clamped the leg up a little bit more ,, hopefully it will work .. ... the worst will be that the second time will be alot easier and faster ... to do ... so while i,m fiddling ... i,m going to rip off the sump and replace the filter .. i might try to get a cover for the end to protect the end/corner of the filter ..or worst make 1 out of copper sheet ..i .ll see how i go .. i think somebody on here advertisers those covers for the sump filters regards oldbiker

Back