Down and Dirty

RattyXS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a frame a couple years ago on craigslist for pretty cheap thinking I might want to build a bike. The guy said the motor mounts are set up for an xs 650 and Ill throw in this front wheel from a sportster. At that time I had no idea what an xs 650 was haha. So i started to do some research and thought that it was an awesome platform for some ideas I had clunkin around upstairs. Being a college student with an extremely tight budget its been a while since I've been able to do anything with it but last year I got a motor for a steal on ebay. Got a front end and some other little parts together but then it sat. So now that I got a halfway decent job its time to blow the dust off her and try to knock this thing out! Well enough blab lets get to the pictures:thumbsup:

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

He couldn't resist
IMG_0279.jpg

Had to throw the motor in once I got it home
IMG_0506.jpg

Got way too cold in the garage (-55*F with windchill:doh:) so she moved inside

IMG_0424.jpg

Have a couple more parts on the way. Want to get it into a roller soon, but with my budget I think the motor might be a ways off. Plan on clearing over the surface rust on the frame, clearing the bare metal tank when it comes in and trying to keep the patina on the motor for a rat rod type look. I would really appreciate your guys input and ideas along the way!
Thanks for looking :bike:

Sorry about the pictures being so small I can't figure out how to make them any bigger:doh:

Just tracked my gas tank and cap from TC Bros and realized I sent it back to my dads house instead of here :banghead: I guess I'm going to have to drive there to pick it up, but I can grab my motor while I'm there since I was cleaning up some stuff on it in the parts washer. Should have rear wheel, brake caliper, seat and mount coming some time in the next week.

Well between school and work I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on the bike but I did get some parts in and hopefully will have some time to work on it soon.
IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0437.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg

Haha I hope I do too! The foot clutch and hand shift should keep me plenty busy, then you add in the rake and no front brake:bike:

Well after a long time being broke and getting another project I've finally got some work done on the bike. The motor is gutted but mounted in the frame tank and seat are mounted and finally got my bars on. Still trying to figure out my rear wheel sprocket and brake situation.
IMG_0560.jpg
IMG_0559.jpg
IMG_0561.jpg
IMG_0562.jpg

Haha no but he sure thought I should. I'm going to leave her bare. The tank is already cleared and I'm going to spray the frame in matte clear later.

Super excited to get it going but not sure when I will be able to afford the rephase

Last edited:
Back