Easy Clutch

This has come up before. I can't say for sure because I have never used one, but I think it works like the old mousettrap clutch used on the Harley's. When they went from a foot clutch to a hand clutch they thought the lever pull a bit much. They devised the mousetrap to help. In side the box is a spring loaded mecanism that when you start to pull the lever the mechanism goes overcenter so the spring helps pull the clutch. When released the mechanism goes back to where it was.
Harley used it for a few years then decided the clutch worked fine without it.
Leo

I thought about one of those but I got a EZ pull clutch cable from 650 central and have never looked back. Well worth it. I tried a hyd. clutch but never could get it working right.

Why would anyone want that ugly thing on their handlebars?

The clutch on these bikes is easy to operate................just use a good clutch cable,such as the one sold by 650Central.

Why would anyone want that ugly thing on their handlebars?

The clutch on these bikes is easy to operate................just use a good clutch cable,such as the one sold by 650Central.

I agree, one other thing to go wrong. I thought maybe it had some sort of gear in it. I have arthritus, and when it flares up, sometimes I have a hard time holding a cup of coffee.

Back