EBC clutch

johnnyk

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the EBC clutch kit CK2226 will fit a 1975 XS650B? The EBC catalog says it does, but all the websites that I found that sell it says it does not.

As mentioned in other threads about clutches the 70-73 used 3.5 mm thick fiber plates with rubber rings.
In 74 they went to 3 mm thick fibers, used 7 fiber 6 steel plates. They used the same plates from then forward.
The later clutches used a different hub with a spring loaded first steel plate. This clutch used 6 fiber plates, 5 steel. Started in late 78 on some models. This clutch was a tiny bit smoother engaging at first take off.
So any set of clutch plates that has 7 fibers in it will work with all years 74 up. Some will use all the plates, some only 6.
I have Forodo plates in mine, work very well. It came with 7 plates. 2 where different than the rest, This is because the early had two different plates in the center.
I put them in the center on my 6 plate clutch. Why they used two different plates on the early models I can't say.
Leo

Back