electronic ignition

ronaha

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce a bit. Have been checking this site for a LONG time, but never joined. Have for years had an interest in xs/tx 650's and just got a tx last year. I know this isn't the place for intros, but my first post. To keep it related to electrical, I thought I'd give appreciative shout out to Hoos Racing and his products. With help. ( I'm not that experienced working on bikes) got the crank fired powerdynamo ignition system installed on the 73. Only about 300 miles since install and very pleased. Replaced points(I'm not knocking points or any other electronic ignition systems. All good, I'm sure. It cured a little issue I had and thought since I'd been riding the bike a good bit, I'd go electronic. So I'm just saying so far it's worked well for me. Big thanks to companies (all) who make products to help keep elderly bikes going and businesses like Hoos racing that carry them and have experience with the bikes/components. I can't say that much about the installation as I had good help, so I would ask that you direct your questions to Gary at Hoos Racing. If you're thinking about it, don't think you'll be disappointed.

Back