Ignition downgrade

Mark ACC

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Bought my basket case with a panco look-alike and a HHB charging system. The Panco unit died and I'm pretty sure I'm just going to install the stock ignition and charging system. Any advise for this electronically challenged gear head?
I THINK I only need the ignition unit/ alternator and the TCI unit??? Anything I'm missing? I'm also running a mosfitt regulator/ rectifier from HHB. Can I run this with the stock ignition? Yes, I'm running with a battery. Any help is appreciated.

Well first thing you need to be sure is the alternator rotor has the magnet to actuate the TCI unit.

Do you already have a TCI unit???

May be a bit cheaper and faster to run another ignition set up.

They can be expensive and hard to find if you need one.

I'm also running a mosfitt regulator/ rectifier from HHB. Can I run this with the stock ignition? Yes, I'm running with a battery. Any help is appreciated.
The HHB PMA is not compatible with reverting to OEM TCI, as the TCI is crank timed. But it would be compatible with OEM points or any other cam timed system ( Boyer, Tytronic, Rawhide, etc). Not to include the XSCharge system - unless you're just wanting to up your post-count here;)

The HHB PMA is not compatible with reverting to OEM TCI, as the TCI is crank timed. But it would be compatible with OEM points or any other cam timed system ( Boyer, Tytronic, Rawhide, etc). Not to include the XSCharge system - unless you're just wanting to up your post-count here;)
Never said I wanted to run a HHB PMA with a TCI. Was asking what I needed to scrap the PMA and run a stock ignition. You're not trying to run up your post replies are you JP?

Never said I wanted to run a HHB PMA with a TCI. Was asking what I needed to scrap the PMA and run a stock ignition. You're not trying to run up your post replies are you JP?
Sorry I misunderstood your question

Back