Euro Bars

Hi Gordon,
thanks for the research and I hope you can find a use for all those 'bars you bought.
Add them to your part-swap stash, perhaps?
My take on 'bars is they are like shoes, in that what fits one rider won't necessarily fit another.
My initial test ride on my Heritage Special told me, "Nice bike but these 'orrible buckhorn 'bars just gotta go!"
OTOH, Marty sez the buckhorns fit him perfectly & just loves them and he's right, too.
I tried Eurobars (too low) then CB750 bars (a tad high but liveable & they're perfect on my XS11) then finally
switched to XS11 Standard bars. At least, I think that's what they are.
They came in the same truck as my XS11 Special & are lower & straighter than
the stock XS11 Special bars that were on the bike.
I'd suggest going to the used handlebar table at the local swapmeet and trying several bars on for size
Just sit in a chair and hold the bar out in front of you to see how it feels. Saying "vroom-vroom" is optional.

Ahhhh Fred - I've been neglecting the vroom vroom vocals. THAT has been my problem all these years.

Your post has sorted this out for me - the voice of experience. ;)

I had an awful experience with a set of "rototiller" bars that were on a Kawasaki 750LTD. These bars put me in a lean back and hold on position with my wrists in the worse configuration. It felt like I was gonna loose my grip and fall off the back of this bike. We fixed that with different bars. Kawasaki even had better positions for the pegs already built into the frame, brake pedal and shifter even had a better position already built into the design.

Anyways, I lost track of those rototillers and was also confused about some other bars that had been swapped around on different bikes, couldn't remember where some of them originally came from. One day I came to the realization that those rototillers ended up on a certain Honda. Damn, if those rototillers aren't just perfect for me on that Honda.

Scott

Ahhhh Fred - I've been neglecting the vroom vroom vocals. THAT has been my problem all these years.
Your post has sorted this out for me - the voice of experience. ;)

Hi Pete,
perhaps you were too shy to say vroom vroom out loud but you were surely thinking it?
Although a spoken or silent vroom vroom isn't always the correct sound-effect.
Using it when you should be using potato potato or ringa dinga ding ding or yowl or thumpa thumpa
could result in buying bars that were inappropriate for that particular bike.

Indeed - and when I tried out my ST1300, I was making a sound just like George Jetsons space car!

....or a blender.

Back