F-N Harley Wanna be's

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
Went up to Peter Stevens (Big chain bike dealer & Harley Australian Distributor) today just to take the scooter out for a ride and to have a look at some Draggin Cargos (Kevlar lined). Ok so I am riding a Vintage YAMAHA chop with a questionable paint job depending on your tastes!

F*ck me all the hard ass wanna be's in their harley jackets with their harley shirts, harley boots, bandannas, caps, even harley handbags on the women, bet they even wore harley jox...... All looking at me like I was a alien with purple skin. Some dick even rolled up on a brand new mercedes wearin his HD branded shit..... An I am the one getting funny looks.......

Hell I was the only one kick startin his bike!
The other week down at Kustom Lane (local bike, hot rod & lowbrow art event). I fitted right in with the Harleys, Yams, Vincents, Cafes, Chops an Hot Rods the Guys from the Immortal (Outlaw Biker Gang) didn't look twice at me......But obviously the bolt on weekend warrior Harley brigade are to good for me and my ride...........

That's my vent..........

On another note I discovered I can't kick start up hill..........When on a steep incline the kick start lever has no compression/resistance. Soon as I turned her side ways all was good.

One more thing..How long do you guys leave your choke on for??

There's something I remember about the kickstart clutch wearing out... maybe the spring, when you lean it to the side it allows the gears to engage. Make sense?

In regards to the RUBs, that's what you get for spending time at a dealership.

There's something I remember about the kickstart clutch wearing out... maybe the spring, when you lean it to the side it allows the gears to engage. Make sense?

In regards to the RUBs, that's what you get for spending time at a dealership.

I had the bike parked up hill, so he front wheel is at ground is about axle hight of the rear wheel, no compression. When parked on the flat both wheel at at same height the kick works fine. So I didn't actually lean the bike.........If that makes it a bit clearer.

I feel ya, man. I've had to go to a HD dealership twice to get parts during this rebuild, felt like I needed a shower after.

Did you hear about the new model Harley coming out it's called…... Yuppie Attitude!

I should get a bumper sticker for my bike "My other rider is a stock broker!"

Lol. Most of the HD riding jackass around here won't even give you a wave if your on another bike. I stop to help a man and his wife with a flat tire lol. He didn't even know how to take the f-ing wheel off. O and the other 20 or 30 HD that went by didn't even stop to see if they could help. Shit it's because 90% of the people riding them don't know a f-ing thing about there bikes!! Ok I'm done. Haha

I was working on my buddy's airhead and the last piece we needed was a new battery. His BMW takes a HUGE battery about the size of the one in your car and so do many Harleys (apparently). The Harley dealer was the only parts counter open at the time, so we figured we'd stop in and see if they might have something we could use. 270$ for a harley branded battery with the same specs as one you can get online for around 80$. Of course it had some stickers on it, but wow... nearly 300$ for a battery?

I'll take the drug dealing, prostitution ring running, scary ass thug gang member bikers I remember from my childhood over these credit card wielding weekend posers any day.

Even if I had a Harley, I'd never buy that Harley branded gear. It's so overpriced and there are so many better options in the aftermarket lines. I just don't get it. Another thing that Harley has screwed up is gift cards. My Father-in-Law rides a Harley, so I thought I'd get him a gift card he could use at his local dealer. Nope. All gift cards are only good at the local dealer you got it from. Are you kidding me? An international company and you can't use a gift card at any dealer? Would you buy a gift card to Target if you could only use it at one store? Duh!

Kent

I've heard an interesting analogy applied to another "kind" of person that seems to be appropriate here. Could be these people that are so dedicated/devoted to a particular marque or brand of motorcycle to the exclusion of all others also subscribe to the philosophy that picking up a turd is best accomplished by handling the clean end? The more I know about people the more I like my cars and motorcycles...................Wesley

Just a side note the xs650 motor is largely based on the Horax 500 engine which is a German design so should fit right in with the Benz crowd (if they were smart enough to realize it)

I heard a harley pull into the gas pump behind me while I was filling my truck today. I turned around to see if it was anything interesting. As soon as I saw the black and orange jacket I turned away, I wont give those douchbags the benefit of my attention. After filling up he and his buddy rode up the the front of the store and sat there reving their bikes for a bit before going in. The other dumbass had the ugliest eagle airbrushed on the tank, I laughed. I wouldnt go into a harley shop if it was the only one for miles and they wanted to give me free parts.

Let's make sure we delineate between the bikes and some of the people riding them. Harleys are awesome machines. It's the Rich Urban Bikers that suck. It's the same thing as when you see a dude riding his Trek around the block with $800 worth of lance armstrong spandex wrapped around him. Devoting yourself to a brand or image vs a craft or discipline is a sad way to live your life.

But what's with all the anger? How does this bother you? Y'all should take these opportunities to appreciate what you have done with your time, working towards expertise, and revel in the pride you surely deserve.

Posted via Mobile

i'm just happy to see people out riding, there's quite a few special interest groups trying to get motorcycles outlawed, the more ppl riding - harley or otherwise - the less chance bikes will get outlawed.

Harley makes a good motorcycle, sure they're over priced and have poor performance (stock) but a company will charge what ever ppl are willing to pay. and ya theres a lot of poser pieces of shit riding Harleys but how many stories do we all have about the asshole PO that had our xs650 last?

Back