F-N Harley Wanna be's

Used to know where a Honda factory training facility dumpster was, if you got REAL lucky you could snag stuff before it was crushed, oftentimes it was first run or pre-production bikes that the training classes had used. and Honda policy was crush em. I snagged some brand new complete 750 engines in boxes out of that dumpster. Funny how popular that back parking lot was at night.

Last year I bought and destroyed several tractor-trailer loads of brand new Chinese motorcycle engines, Lifan and others, some as big as 300cc. I'm not sure what the problem was or why they ended up in Greensboro, NC. (No motorcycles made here) but the contract required they be destroyed and being that a breech of contract is not only bad business, but in the case of interstate commerce, a felony, I thought it best I follow the contract.

Of course, what's even worse and more common was some of the things I was under contract to Federal contractors to destroy-- everything from weapons parts to perfectly good office equipment, new stuff still in the box... the list goes on. If I told you I'd have to kill you.

I've had to destroy tractor-trailer loads of close-out items from Lowe's and Home Depot, Sears, Kmart and Walmart.

A friend of mine used to oversee destruction at a nearby Honda lawnmower and small engine plant. He hated it.

It's called price supports.

If I could, I would say that I said "half a brain", but since the site rules strictly prohibit talking about politics or religion, I will only think it really loudly and hope it reaches you by telepathy...

I've heard rumors about someone called Teebs... I see they're true, and I like it. :thumbsup:

Do you all here your attitudes I wont ride with this or that guy and they do this and they do that. I live live next to a Harley dealership so I see more of those goons than most of you and yeah they suck. But now your pointing the finger at everyone else. Guys on sportbikes are giving back the same attitude that they get from everybody. The Harley guys and most of the metric cruisers boys. It used to be only Harley guys gave sportbike riders the snub(they give everybody that ) but now the metric cruisers are doing the same thing and guess what they are doing the same crap all of you are complaining about buying all the crap to make them and their ride look like a hardocre long distance road bike. That they only break out to go to work, ride to a breakfast/dinner ride with their other fat buddies, or to the local cool bar.
Now if I'm rolling up the street to get my haircut or something I may leave in jeans or shorts and shoes but if I'm going riding I'm putting on protective gear. Helmet, over pants, boots, gloves because when the time comes that I make a mistake or someone else does I wanna come home to my wife. So anybody that wants to boast about riding all the time in a cheap helmet, shoes t-shirts, and flip flops or what the hell ever else. We will feel bad for you and I wont tell I told you so when you have to hang it up because you dont have a foot to shift with or your eating through a straw.
Cheap helemts will protect you and as long as you didnt buy it from Walmart your probably alright but yes a $495 dollar helmet does do a lot more than your 160 dollar helmet. Weight, design, cooling, and the products its made of. If you look at that HJC you should still find a seam running down the middle front to back that's where its gonna split if you do have a wreck and land on the helmet right.
Douchbags ride all kinds of motorcycles including XS650's. Hell I'm an ass ( i have a trophy to prove it) and I ride a XS650, cbr600, CR250,and a mountain bike.

Someones panties are in a bunch... why so defensive? Its not like they were talking about you... or were they? hmmm? :shrug:

I happen to like my $160 sparx helmet. Its SNELL approved... that pretty much means its not gonna split open the way you describe, it gets the same rating as an ARAI thats 5x the price, matter of fact one our club members owns an ARAI and wont wear it cause its too noisy at anything above 50mph... go figure, my CHEAPO helmet is nice and quiet at freeway speeds. Cooling is not an issue. Weight? it might be heavier by a pound... big woop, I'm not racing, so its a non issue.

Just returned from Bikes, Blues and BBQ and the stereotypical Harley guys are unreal. Rode with 5 bikes and there was a kz1000 on the shoulder with tools everywhere. Just past him was a Harley bagger dumped in the grass, he was attempting to turn around in the grass and dumped his bike. Props to him for stopping to lend a hand. Last 3 bikes in out pack stopped to help get Harley off its side and see if we could lend a hand with the kz. The first 2 bikes, who were friends of one of the guys in our group, stopped about a half mile later when they noticed we were gone. After we did what we could we caught them. They were actually pissed that we had stopped and got them off schedule. There was a bike down on the side of the road and these jackasses were pissed we stopped. At least stop to offer a cell phone, a wrench or gas. That is my rant and why I dislike the "stereotypical" Harley rider. (As a side note, the other 2 riders that stopped with me were on Harleys and would give u the shirt off their back or loan u a bike to ride without hesitation.)

Good on ya !! There needs to be more out there like you and the ones you was with..

Last edited:
After reading this thread I am very glad I am in the 10% that rides an H-D, works on it, change my own oil, tires, cams, gear boxes, tubes, bearings, washes it every 3000 miles, paints, welds, machines, fabricates, and assembles. Plus works on other peoples bikes too! F**kn wanna be got more money than brains A-hole RUBS. I love it when I roll buy a guy on an H-D while riding my XS650 (modified) and they follow me only to see what it was that passed them, most say what is it? I say; Yamaha XS650. I better stop here, this could get ugly!:devil:

Attachments

• feather river canyon 005.jpg
    feather river canyon 005.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 118
  • 101_1676.JPG
    101_1676.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 135
You wanna really get the big hairy eyeball? Ride your hacked up modified XS to a Yamaha dealer. I wont do that anymore because it's the same people there as at the HD dealer ship,and they don't get it.

I would like to give a shout out to the few riders I have seen on the roads in the past 2 days. Cold, rainy, grey and only a few were out. I will not say what they were not riding. I think we know.

You wanna really get the big hairy eyeball? Ride your hacked up modified XS to a Yamaha dealer. I wont do that anymore because it's the same people there as at the HD dealer ship,and they don't get it.

And the reason they look down their noses is because we don't line their pockets with our hard earned cashola, instead we are creative and use good ole American inginuity to create what we feel is an expression of ourselves. I have owned several H-D's, and worked on every one of them without the help of the dealership, I don't need their bullshit, F-M! Dealerships are closing everywhere, the closest one to me is an hour away, and another thing, when some one rides with me they are warned ahead of time that I RIDE, not drink, 450 miles for a one day outing is where it's at for me. Someone once said that the Harley scene has become a fashion show, man were they right!

Last edited:
I actually rode 25 miles with a full dresser HD this morning on my way to work. 37* and we were the only two bikes on the road this morning. Of course, he looked like one of the village people. Even his saddle bags had fringe. But it was effin cold this morning and we were out in it. I usually see at least 10 bikes in the mornings, but today it was just me and him.

Those giant goddamn fairings and windshields must serve a purpose I suppose! I was out yesterday for a spin in the rain and I saw one other guy, he was riding a harley. I kinda envied the weather protection he had on the bike. But the look of confusion and terror on his face as he came to a stop outside the mall and had to balance the thing was unreal. Must be one of them new middleaged "bikers" I suppose. I said it before, some are good, fuck the rest.

I sold my harley a couple months ago and got an 86 goldwing as my rider. (smokin deal. Couldnt pass it up. Needed a scoot till the 650 is done.) All the harley guys i pass on the way to work dont wave anymore. I actually have one that looks to the shoulder everytime! WhenI pass the ones who dont wave, instead of the 2 finger "wave", I put my hand up eye level and wave real flamboyantly with a big stupid grin on my face. Funny the looks I get.

I really don't like the look of harleys, or any v-twin for that matter. It's just a visual thing, the motor looks too big to me. I prefer the inline look - a 2 or 4 cylinder.

I also find the new harleys to have too much chrome that just looks like chrome plastic to me. They look cheap and don't look like a motorcycle should (IE: made out of metal).

The d-bags who wear the harley merch look stupid too.

But anyone who's cool who wants to ride, and ride safe (no way I'm doing the sportbike thing) can ride w/me. Generally though, I don't like a lot of people who ride motorcycles though, cuz it's a certain type of crowd I don't fit in with (Either rich old harley riders or dumb sportbike kids).

guess I'm just having fun building a minimal yammie bobber and riding the classic honda. the honda's not shiny but i frikkin love it and it always gets looks and compliments.

Back