Fat tire

Shit, I'm not sure how wide a stock XS 16" is...? I've never had one. I'm sure the answer will pop up quick. Or google.

i think spokes are 2.75 and mags are 3.00. the tires in those pics are all between 4 and 5 inches wide.

The 3rd pic has a build thread on here I am sure he states what the rims are off and most likely the size if you care to read it. Inspiring build to read just for the sake of it also.

I think the last pic has two Harley front wheels. They are both 16 inch.
Harley used a 5.00 16 on front and back for many years. Some where exactly the same, you could take the rear off unbolt the sprocket and bolt it to a front and put the front on the back.
Doing this makes a bike look more like a bobber than the rear a 16 and the front a 21 inch.
Leo

wheels are measured differently than tires, a 4 inch rim would be a good fit for a 150mm or wider tire. a 5 inch wide tire(130mm) would be the biggest you could fit in a stock swingarm, and between the stock forks. some people have squeezed 140mm tires in, but it really depends on the tire.

the classic bobber look is with 5 inch tires
5 inch front tire(max rim width recommended is 3.5 inches)source-http://www.dropbears.com/u/utilities/tyrerim.htm
1948_Harley_F_Panhead_Bobber_468x546.jpg

5 inch tires front and back
bik_eds_01_l.jpg

if you go any bigger than a 5 inch tire, you will have to have a tire that looks like this↓
Harley_FXR_Hot_Rod_Bobber_R1-468x449.jpg

I agree, If you want to avoid that look, keep the tire at 5 inches and the rim at 3.5.

Back